Service Year Operations Manager
Job ID: 21797
NYC Service promotes volunteerism, engages New Yorkers in Service, builds volunteer capacity and mobilizes the power of volunteers and service year members to impact New York City’s greatest needs. NYC Service’s vision is to inspire and empower all New Yorkers to volunteer and serve New York City and each other.
The Service Year Operations Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of compliance, reporting, budgeting, and evaluation for all of the AmeriCorps programs administered by NYC Service, including NYC Civic Corps, NYC VISTA, City Service Corps and any future new programs. The Service Year Operations Manager develops, leads, and supports cross-program internal systems that allow each program to run more efficiently and effectively. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Updates current and develops new strategy and systems for compliance, budgets, and reporting for all NYC Service AmeriCorps programs
• Oversees the member file process using the federal guidelines for AmeriCorps from collection, review, certification, and storage for all 300+ NYC Service AmeriCorps members which includes background checks, I-9 certification, identity and employment documentation review, and member contracts
• Manage the exiting process for members which includes overseeing the NYC Service Program Coordinators process, as well as certifying all exits in eGrants and ensuring all proper exiting documentation is filed appropriately
• Support the development of member and host site pre- and post-service surveys as well as member and host site reports throughout the service year
• Oversee the member mid- and end-of-term evaluation process
• Manage the writing and editing of all CNCS reports including mid-year and end of year reports
• Manage the writing and editing of all private grant repots and liaise with the Public/Private Partnerships team to provide necessary data and information for any new private grant proposals
• Lead the writing and publishing of quarterly program newsletters
• Lead NYC VISTA cost share process to send for federal payment as well as VISTA certification reports, timesheets, and federal-facing forms
• Lead NYC Civic Corps quarterly reimbursement reporting including managing relationships with 50 host site budget point people, preparing and submitting the report and liaising with other stakeholders for review
• Collect and track all budget spending for all NYC Service AmeriCorps programs, liaise with the Mayor’s Fund and prepare monthly spending and forecasting reports for Managing Director and Chief Service Officer
• Lead aspects of the host site application process for all programs including the review of all member position descriptions Advance NYC Service mission, values and goals:
• Represent NYC Service at select events and support NYC Service all-staff events, as needed
• Be available on select weekends and on select evenings, as needed
• Support City initiatives as needed, including but not limited to possible emergency response (e.g. evacuation shelters, etc.)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
• Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate and/or Master’s degree and at least 3-4 years of experience in community work or community-centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; this includes experience with project management, report writing, evaluation, and/or budget (including QuickBooks)
• Excellent leadership, management, time-management, multi-tasking, organizational, communication, research, analytical, writing, proofreading and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize duties, work independently and within a team environment, pay close attention to detail, achieve excellence , meet deadlines, do appropriate follow-up, work well under pressure and maintain an enthusiastic work ethic. This includes maintaining a positive and helpful attitude, while embracing each of the team’s contributions. This also includes having a track record and experience in both relationship and project management.
• Previous experience with AmeriCorps/VISTA, desirable.
• Knowledge and skill in program design and relationship management.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to https://a002-oom03.nyc.gov/IRM/EventRegistration/RegForm.aspx?eventGuid=4645fdd8-310d-4db6-884b-e64d4d17fefd&jobid=21797&pos=Service%20Year%20Operations%20Manager
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment
The Office of the Mayor and the City of New York are equal employment opportunity employers.
Minimum Education Required