Step/Salary: 1-5 / $90,047 - $101,607
Location: Washington, DC
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and customized cover letter here: http://bit.ly/DCPSRecruitmentManager. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible if you are interested in this role.
For questions, contact our team at email@example.com.
The mission of the Office of School Improvement and Supports (OSIS) is to ensure we support our schools and our students to succeed and to meet the Goals of our Strategic Plan. The Office works to dramatically accelerate the number of excellent schools through school transformation, including design, partnerships, Connected Schools, and Comprehensive School Planning (CSP). The Office develops, aligns, and delivers high-quality supports to ensure students, particularly students furthest away from opportunity, are in school, able to engage in rigorous learning, and have a joyous educational environment. The Office ensures our schools have excellent leaders, educators, and staff who are prepared to meet the diverse needs of the young people we serve.
OSIS programs include the following:
- School Performance: Promotes data-driven decision-making through an aligned system of continuous improvement designed to move schools toward a consistent standard of excellence.
- Design: Designs excellent school models that transform learning for our students furthest from opportunity by anchoring in data, community engagement and understanding, and elevating and integrating student voice.
- Partnerships: Develops and advances strategies and resources for schools and the district to maximize partner and community impact on student and school success.
- Student Empowerment & Equity: Advances diversity and equity for students, with an emphasis on studentfocused programming elevating student voice.
- School Mental Health: Ensures that students' behavioral and emotional needs are met to increase access to the curriculum.
- SEL and School Culture: Ensures that schools have the resources to provide a safe and supportive learning environment where all students are able to thrive academically and socially.
- Student Supports: Ensures that schools have the necessary supports to address the needs of the whole child and create the conditions where all students are ready to learn.
- Talent Acquisition: Advances talent development through an equity lens. Ensures we recruit, select, hire, and retain great people.
- Leadership Development: Ensures leaders are prepared at each stage of their career with the full complement of skills and capacities necessary to guarantee student and school success.
IMPACT: Ensures clarity of expectations and meaningful feedback in support of increased effectiveness of all school-based staff.
The Teacher Recruitment and Selection team leads the district’s innovative efforts to identify outstanding teachers through individualized, targeted recruitment efforts and to select top talent to teach in our schools. The Manager, Teacher Recruitment and Pipelines will lead the implementation and execution of the recruitment and pipelines strategy for teacher positions within DCPS. The Manager will work closely with other Recruitment and Selection team members to ensure there is a robust pool of strong teacher candidates to fill vacant positions for the upcoming school year. The Manager, Teacher Recruitment will report to the Director, Instructional Talent Acquisition and Retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leads the Teacher Recruitment and Selection team in implementing an aggressive and innovative national strategy for recruiting outstanding educators to join DCPS.
- Manages direct reports, develops them professionally, guides them to reach ambitious individual and team goals, and supports their retention.
- Determines clear, specific, and aggressive performance metrics to guide work, analyzes relevant data, tracks progress, and intervenes as needed to ensure team success.
- Directs the district’s strategy related to teacher pipeline partnerships, teacher residency programs, and student teaching partnerships.
- Leads recruitment team coordinators in the management of a portfolio of regions and supports management of all communications, job postings, marketing, sourcing, events, and other recruitment activities in those regions.
- Supervises the team’s teacher retention efforts to keep irreplaceable talent in the district.
- Manages the team’s budget and supports the procurement process for travel, goods, and services, as well as serving as a contract administrator.
- Builds relationships with school leaders, educators, and district staff to develop a deep understanding of the unique needs and cultures across the district.
- Supports management of communications with potential and current teacher applicants.
- Responds effectively to requests from internal and external DCPS stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree and four to six years of related work experience, with at least two years of experience managing an inclusive talent recruitment process preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including keen attention to detail, and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent time-management and a willingness to work non-standard hours.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced and evolving environment, and handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal, teamwork, and management skills.
- Strong acumen engaging in conversations and producing work products that are centered in equity and inclusion best practices.
- STUDENTS FIRST: We recognize students as whole children and put their needs first in everything we do.
- COURAGE: We have the audacity to learn from our successes and failures, to try new things, and to lead the nation as a proof point of PK-12 success.
- EQUITY: We work proactively to eliminate opportunity gaps by interrupting institutional bias and investing in effective strategies to ensure every student succeeds.
- EXCELLENCE: We work with integrity and hold ourselves accountable for exemplary outcomes, service, and interactions.
- TEAMWORK: We recognize that our greatest asset is our collective vision and ability to work collaboratively and authentically.
- JOY: We enjoy our collective work and will enthusiastically celebrate our success and each other.