7500 Maple Avenue
The City of Takoma Park is seeking a skilled manager with a broad range of housing experience to oversee its new Housing and Community Services Division. The initial focus of the individual selected for this position will be on the implementation of the recently completed Housing and Economic Development Strategic Plan. Ongoing responsibilities include administration of the Division's rental housing licensing and registration programs, mediation of landlord tenant disputes, tenant association assistance, enforcement of local rent stabilization laws, grants administration, implementation of affordable housing programming, and oversight of a variety of contracts for services benefiting the community’s low and moderate income residents.
Typical Duties of this Position include:
- Management of division personnel; development of work plans and goals; training, work assignments, scheduling, supervision, evaluation and discipline of personnel; compliance with policies and procedures;
- Management of assigned projects and programs; performance of research and analysis; identification of needs; development and implementation of appropriate strategies and programming; coordination with community partners and other departments;
- Development of budget proposals; management of approved funds; monitoring of assigned contracts; processing of payments; monitoring of annual budgets; identification of funding opportunities;
- Provision of support and technical assistance to property owners, residents, business community, nonprofit housing providers and community development organizations
- Coordination of work with county, state and federal agencies to coordinate and to advance local and regional initiatives and shared housing, community development and transportation goals;
- Provision of staff support to assigned committees and boards; representation of the City at local, regional and state meetings;
- Development and implementaton of community outreach and educational activities; informational materials and campaign strategies; website updates and coordination of social media;
- Development and coordination of educational programming;
- Monitoring of legislative changes; recommendation of amendments to City codes and regulations and analysis of their implications for the City; and
- Performance of related duties.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require six years of related experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the state in which the employee resides for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The City of Takoma Park is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The following materials must be included with your submission. They can be uploaded under "Documents." Submissions that do not include these documents will not be considered.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample (maximum length two pages)
To Apply: Please visit our website: www.takomaparkmd.gov/hr/careers