Filing Assistant, Division of Preservation Finance
The New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) is the nation’s largest municipal housing preservation and development agency. Its mission is to promote quality housing and diverse, thriving neighborhoods for New Yorkers through loan and development programs for new affordable housing, preservation of the affordability of the existing housing stock, enforcement of housing quality standards, and educational programs for tenants and building owners. HPD is tasked with fulfilling Mayor de Blasio’s Housing New York Plan which was recently expanded and accelerated through Housing New York 2.0 to complete the initial goal of 200,000 homes two years ahead of schedule by 2022, and achieve an additional 100,000 homes over the following four years, for a total of 300,000 homes by 2026.
The Division of Preservation Finance seeks a temporary Filing Assistant. The Division of Preservation Finance administers multiple rehabilitation loan programs for the preservation and extension of affordability of privately-owned multifamily properties throughout New York City. The Division operates the following programs: the Participation Loan Program (PLP), Housing Opportunities Program (HPO), Green Housing Preservation Program (GHPP), Multifamily Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program (HRP), the HUD Multifamily Program, the Year 15 Program, and the Lead Hazard Reduction Program.
The Division of Preservation Finance is looking for temporary staff assistance for the above-referenced programs with the following filing, sorting and cataloging tasks:
• Catalogue all of the projects that have closed and remain in boxes/program filing cabinets, and cross reference with closed project reports from HPD’s data tracking systems, such as Production Credit System (PCS) and Business Intelligence (BI)
• Organize hard copy project files into appropriate organizational structure
• Scan important documents and save on the server in the appropriate organizational structure and with the correct naming conventions
• Coordinate with Program Director on uploading appropriate documents to HPD Doc Drop
• Once digital files are finalized, prepare hard copy project files for archives (for completed/converted projects)
Please note that these tasks would be completed for all of the programs within the Division, as needed. Also, additional filing tasks may be added as they arise and are needed.
• Detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively with others to obtain results and in a timely fashion.
• Strong verbal and written communication, organizational and quantitative skills.
• Strong computer skills, especially facility with Excel and Word, not required, but preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Salary for this position is: $15.75 - $18.96 depending on experience
Schedule: Days and hours to be negotiated
Duration: To start, approximately 20 hours a month for up to 3 months.
NOTE: Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Department of Housing Preservation & Development and the City of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required