456 5th Ave.
The Scheduler/Office Manager for Councilmember Brad Lander will be responsible for managing daily operations for the office, including overseeing the Councilmember’s schedule by prioritizing and responding to scheduling requests while tracking long-term schedule priorities; seeking out community event opportunities for the Councilmember; and assisting with event logistics.
The Scheduler/Office Manager will also be responsible for managing the administrative operations of the Council office including payment of bills, opening mail, ordering supplies, arranging travel for out-of-town events, and answering all incoming phone calls for the office.
- Working with the Chief of Staff to manage all aspects of the Councilmember’s schedule, including keeping the Councilmember’s calendar updated; confirming or sending regrets for external requests; tracking progress on priority meetings; managing invitations for local and city-wide events, and seeking out event opportunities for the Councilmember to attend.
- Serve as a frontline representative for walk-in visits, answering incoming calls and relaying messages in a timely manner.
- Managing the administrative operations for the office, including maintaining files, ordering and tracking the use of office supplies, paying bills, opening mail, addressing technology issues, and serving as a liaison to City Council Central administrative staff.
- Assisting with logistics for major office meetings including reserving space
- Supervising High School-aged interns
- Attend community meetings on behalf of the Councilmember and occasionally accompany him to evening and weekend events.
- The ability to prioritize and juggle multiple demands and manage details.
- The ability to communicate effectively with supervisors to prioritize those demands.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills and some experience writing correspondence.
- Proficiency with technology (internet, printers, telephones, etc.) and the ability to oversee the office’s technological needs.
- Previous scheduling/administrative experience preferred.
- Occasional night and weekend meetings required
This is an entry level position for our office, and the salary range is $40,000, plus excellent health, dental and vision benefits.
The position provides the chance to launch your career with a highly visible, mission-driven office and a great team of colleagues supportive work environment, with attention to professional development and opportunities for growth
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org