District of Columbia
About Open Markets Institute
Recognized by Vice as doing "revolutionary and essential work when monopoly looms over American life" and by Politico as "Washington's highest-profile champion for the idea that the U.S. approach to antitrust has failed to counter the negative effects of technology behemoths," the Open Markets Institute works to promote a more open, democratic, and safe economic system through advancing competition and antimonopoly policy.
Director of Operations
The Open Markets Institute is seeking a Director of Operations to manage day-to-day functioning and administration as our team grows. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing internal policies and procedures, managing relationships with external vendors, and overseeing all aspects of organizational administration. The successful candidate will thrive in a start-up environment and be highly organized, proactive, and detail-oriented.
This position is full-time and based in Washington, D.C.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable and work with our outside accountants to ensure proper financials.
- Work with our legal counsel to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and execute contracts with external vendors as needed.
- Oversee payroll and benefits enrollment and administration.
- Manage the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures.
- Manage reimbursements and other administrative necessities.
- Manage recruiting processes and onboarding of new hires.
- Three to five years of experience in operational roles.
- Strong organizational, multitasking, and decision-making abilities.
- Expertise in Office 365.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree, with equivalent work experience considered.
Competitive benefits package included.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Operations Application.”