Details: salary commencing at specified amount
Basic Function: Manage all aspects of several newly launched access to capital programs and assist in the administration of existing small business grant and loan programs. Assist with program design and, based upon experience, assist in policy discussions as it pertains to supporting New York State’s small businesses.
- Manage all aspects of several recently launched accesses to capital programs, including securing internal approval of program loans and grants, ensuring participating lenders adhere to all aspects of written agreements, tracking and reporting on program activity, and providing support to program participants, as needed.
- General support of a portfolio of 80-100 active grants and some loans, including review of applications, management of approval and funding process, preparation of Grant Disbursement Agreements, compiling and reviewing information, and preparing directors approval documents and contracts
- Coordinate with internal contacts (Origination, Finance, Design & Construction, Contractor and Supplier Diversity, Legal) in preparation of board of directors’ approval materials, contracts, project status reports, and other documents appropriate for the review/management of projects
- Review requests for disbursement, perform desk audits, and manage grant disbursements, including coordination with internal contacts and grantees
- Attend meetings, as needed, with lenders, small businesses and other relevant players
- Maintain project tracking database and other tracking systems
- Assume a variety of Department-wide responsibilities as assigned, such as conducting research, ensuring compliance with funding requirements, and managing data
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Relevant experience required: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in at least one of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, public administration, or related business or not-for-profit area, with proven project management experience.
Knowledge Required: Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational and customer service skills. Meticulous attention to detail, solid judgement, and independent follow through are highly important. Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume to email address provided, indicating job title and Ref# in subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity