Details: salary starts at specified amount
BASIC FUNCTION: Under the general direction of the SVP, Marketing defines and articulates the vision and strategy behind ESD’s experiential efforts and events to drive growth and brand recognition. Manage all aspects of event marketing including planning, creative development and execution.
- Create and capitalize on opportunities for New York:
- For Business Development Events – Work with ESD Strategic Business Dev. and International teams and other business partners.
- For Tourism Events – Work with the TAC, NYS Regional Councils, state agencies, Governor’s Office and directly with industry [e.g. Convention & Visitors Bureaus; Tourism Promotion Agents, et al].
- Define the strategic role of events as part of our overall marketing mission to drive economic impact
- Develop an annual strategic events plan outlining key audience segments
- Establish a clear process for measuring event impact
- Establish consumer insights to insure relevant content and event focus; developing content as needed
- Establish process and protocols for event execution aligned with state financial procedures
- Prepare summary information and reports for SVP on activities, results and impacts
- Manage trade events for SBD and the Governor’s Office
- Manage annual budget and budget protocols
- Assist in the development Welcome Centers
- Work with the Executive Chamber on special activities
- Work with appropriate state agencies, industry organizations and ESD personnel to identify appropriate event marketing opportunities
- Outreach with New York based groups to expand knowledge of event opportunities
- Supervise events staff
- Other projects and activities as required
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level and Work Experience required: Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years professional experience managing high-profile consumer and B2B events for a company, institution or nonprofit or with an experiential marketing organization; Experience working with multiple stakeholders and complex organizations also required.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume to email address provided, indicating job title and reference # in the subject line
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity*