Administrative Specialist - CUNY Fatherhood Academy
Job ID: 19466
Location: LaGuardia Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
LaGuardia Community College, located in Long Island City, Queens, educates more than 50,000 New Yorkers annually through degree, certificate, and continuing education programs. Our guiding principle Dare To Do More reflects our belief in the transformative power of education—not just for individuals, but for our community and our country—creating pathways for achievement and safeguarding the middle class. LaGuardia is a national voice on behalf of community colleges, where half of all US college students study. Part of the City University of New York (CUNY), the College reflects the legacy of our namesake, Fiorello H. LaGuardia, the former NYC mayor beloved for his championing the underserved. Since our doors opened in 1971, our programs regularly become national models for pushing boundaries to give people of all backgrounds access to a high quality, affordable college education. We invite you to join us in imagining what our students, our community, and our country can become. Visit www.LaGuardia.edu to learn more.
The CUNY Fatherhood Academy promotes responsible fatherhood and economic stability by connecting low-income fathers to educational, employment, and parenting resources. We serve unemployed and underemployed fathers, ages 18-30 for our High School Equivalency (HSE) program, and for our College and Career Preparation program.
Reporting to the Program Manager of the CUNY Fatherhood Academy (CFA), the Administrative Specialist comprehensively supports all aspects of the Program's administrative duties. These duties consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitors the day-to-day operations of the Program and administrative functions;
- Maintain all administrative aspects of grant implementation and invoicing;
- Coordinate travel logistics and event procedures;
- Monitor and maintain data collection, data entry, and reporting procedures; Analyze and make recommendations based on data;
- Assist with recruitment and on-boarding of CFA staff;
- Provide optimal customer service, internal and external communication, and maintain timely and accurate student information and reporting systems;
- Maintain archives, inventories, collections of materials and records needed by the funder;
- Develop and maintain relationships with various campus offices to ensure that the administrative activities meet all required outcomes and measures.
- Assist with program development
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Four years of administrative work experience, including at least two years in an educational setting, preferably within a community organization, college or entrepreneurial setting.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience administering projects through Research Foundation and Tax-levy budgets.
- Demonstrated excellence with Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Provides administrative and program support to an administrative or academic department.
- Oversees department operations and assists management in planning department activities, creating schedules, assigning staff and preparing and delivering department communications.
- Works with appropriate offices related to personnel recruitment, expediting search activities
- Research coordinates and organizes materials for key events such as promotion and tenure reviews.
- Supervises and trains support staff and student workers.
- Manages budget and coordinates purchasing, accounting, and payroll.
- Provides instructions and basic advice to students, faculty, and others seeking information on department activities, policies, and schedules.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
November 7, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Minimum Education Required