100 Church Street
The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent city agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks an Administrative Assistant. The CFB is looking for a talented Administrative Assistant to join our Auditing and Accounting Unit (Audit Unit). This position will provide administrative support to the Director of Auditing and Accounting and Audit Unit and will report directly to the Director.
· Administrative duties such as: filing documents, answering telephone calls and taking messages, typing and sending/emailing notices.
· Schedule and coordinate meetings for the Director and Deputy Director; maintain schedule and documents as appropriate.
· Attend unit meetings, take notes, produce minutes for approval by the Director and Deputy Director and distribute to the Audit unit.
· Draft and prepare correspondence and reports, as requested.
· Update and maintain the Audit Unit’s files and tracking systems; keep accurate and complete records, including contact records when appropriate.
· Assist the Audit Unit in maintaining its day-to-day operations, including in a coordinating role, maintaining the Audit, Payment and CFA calendars.
· Track performance evaluations.
· Assist the Audit Unit with the post-election audit tracking system and deadlines.
· Assist auditors with formatting reports and exhibits.
· Other Duties: the Administrative Assistant would at times, assist the Assistant Executive Director. He/she would coordinate meetings, organize agendas, and coordinate the distribution of mail and ensure timely and appropriate responses.
· Excellent oral, writing and presentation skills. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to be flexible, multi-task, operate efficiently, learn, and adapt quickly.
· Work under hard deadlines.
· Forward thinker with a proactive mindset and attention to detail.
· Self-motivated team player with a desire and drive to learn and grow.
· Bachelor's Degree and 1 year of prior experience as an Administrative Assistant or
High School Diploma and 3 years of prior experience as an Administrative Assistant.
· Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and other computer programs.
· Excellent attendance.
· Ability to write well and speak clearly.
· Great interpersonal skills a must.
· Sound judgement and discretion required.
· New York City residency within 90 days of starting the position.
· Background or interest in politics and government a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email, fax, or mail your resume and cover letter (required) to:
Mr. Corey Schaffer
NYC Campaign Finance Board
100 Church Street, 12th Floor
New York, New York 10007
Fax #: (212) 409-1705
The CFB is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to diversity. If you anticipate needing any type of reasonable accommodation to apply for an employment opportunity, please contact Corey Schaffer at (212) 409-1800.