NYC Department of Homeless Services
The NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) is one of the largest organizations of its kind committed to preventing and addressing homelessness in New York City. Collaborating with other public agencies and not-for-profit partners, the DHS works to prevent homelessness before it occurs, reduce street homelessness and assist New Yorkers to transition from shelter into appropriate permanent housing.
The NYC Department of Homeless Services, Facilities & Logistics division is hiring one (1) Painter reporting to the Facilities & Logistics’ Trades who under supervision, will do outside patching and painting of a general nature, including all coats; performs related work.
• Works on and from ladders, platforms and scaffolds as jobs may require.
• Erects ladders and may rig lines and scaffolds.
• Prepares, fills and primes surfaces for painting.
• Mixes paint components and matches colors.
• Applies paint with a brush, roller or spray gun to surfaces.
• Applies plaster to surfaces including skimming walls and taping joints.
• Takes proper care of all materials, tools and equipment.
• Keeps work records as required.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a painter acquired within the last fifteen years; or
2. At least three years of full-time satisfactory experience as a painter acquired within the last fifteen years and sufficient full-time satisfactory apprentice painter experience to make up a total of five years of acceptable experience. Six months of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of apprentice painter experience.
• For appointment to certain positions, candidates will be required to possess a Motor Vehicle Driver
License valid in the State of New York. This license must be maintained for the duration of
Monday - Friday 7am - 3 pm
101-07 Farragut Road, Brooklyn NY 11236 or other locations as assigned.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.
Salary Range: $292.53 (Daily)
New York City offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
For consideration, please go to http://www1.nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID #321865 to apply.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW.
HRA/DSS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Minimum Education Required