Details: This is an exempt, full-time position. The salary range is $88,500 – $126,100 with exact compensation to be determined by MCE.
1125 Tamalpais Avenue
The Human Resources team is evolving and offers the opportunity to further build a team focused on providing exceptional human resource services that support our agency and our employees’ success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Manager of Human Resources, Diversity, and Inclusion will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Human Resources function for MCE. The individual will have the opportunity to lead a team of HR professionals to meet MCE’s strategic objectives and support its managers and employees. Reporting to the Director of Internal Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for mastering existing systems and practices, introducing innovations and building out the department’s capabilities in the areas of HR systems, compensation and benefits, recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, and learning and development. The individual will demonstrate the vision, strategy, and follow-through necessary to lead the growth and transformation of our team into a world-class HR department that is a force for positive change across our growing organization.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MUST DEMONSTRATE THE ABILITY TO:
- Manage all aspects of HR including employee relations, compensation, benefits, recruitment, training, and individual and organizational development using outside consulting services/platforms as appropriate.
- Lead an organization in setting and following best practices for diversity and inclusion in all aspects of its operations.
- Develop and manage business and budgets for HR projects for a public agency.
- Collect and analyze data from a wide variety of internal and external sources to ensure best practices in all aspects of HR.
- Direct and evaluate the work of staff.
- Prepare a variety of analytical and statistical reports.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons encountered during the performance of duties.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- State and federal employment/employer laws including legal structures governing public entities
- HR and HRIS systems, implementation, and management
- Best practices in training and development
- Management of a recruitment lifecycle
- Familiarity with compensation program structures
- Benefits program structure and management including vendor selection and open enrollment
- Best practices for employee relations management and counseling
- Marketing/selling skills with the ability to influence and support senior management, employees, candidates, and hiring managers
- Proactive, innovative, and data-driven problem solving methodology
- Project management
- Time management and the ability to operate effectively in a dynamic environment
- Organizational and people development practices
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU THE EDGE
- A demonstrated passion for our mission
- PHR certification
- Master’s degree in Business/HR/Organizational Development or a related field of study
- 10 years of relevant HR experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build productive relationships
- A record of leadership and successful project management
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Knowledge of lean problem solving methodologies
- Prior experience in the public sector
- Prior experience in renewable energy or public utility
We offer many benefits in addition to our competitive salary, including paid vacation, sick, personal, family medical, and parental leave, and paid holidays. MCE offers excellent health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. MCE contributes to a 401(a) retirement plan and you have the option of contributing to a 457(b) deferred compensation plan and flexible spending account. You also have the ability to cover some or all travel costs with our commute alternatives program. You get the opportunity to enjoy a dog-friendly office (San Rafael), an on-site café and fitness center (Concord), as well as exercise the flexibility of our work-from-home policy (depending upon the assignment). All of our employees also have access to professional development opportunities and team-building activities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
MCE requests qualified applicants provide their cover letter and a resume no later than 4:00pm on Monday, November 26, 2018. Selection procedures may consist of any or all of the following: application ranking, writing sample, skills test, and interviews.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume via email to jobs@mceCleanEnergy.org.
It is anticipated that first round interviews will be scheduled during the week of December 3, 2018. For those selected to move forward, second round interviews are anticipated to be held during the week of December 10, 2018.