The City of Oakland is currently recruiting to fill one Program Analyst II (Selective Certification in Homelessness) vacancy within the Human Services Department. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone wanting to address the unsheltered crisis of homelessness in Oakland.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with homeless strategies and systems such as harm reduction, housing first, and coordinated entry.
Under general supervision, this Program Analyst II (PA II) will be responsible for standing up and supporting a variety of crisis/emergency bed programs. This includes working with a variety of stakeholders including non-profit partners, elected officials, other city departments, and unsheltered individuals to design and implement the programs. The PA II provides ongoing support to the nonprofit program operator. Additional tasks include program planning, research, analysis and development; program monitoring; preparing staff reports to the City Council and reports to funders and performing related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has experience working with diverse populations and community-based nonprofit organizations focused on homelessness or housing. In addition, the ideal candidate possesses experience with data analysis, public presentations, and leading diverse collaborations.
Selective Certification (Homelessness)
This recruitment is being announced in accordance with Section 5.03 of the Civil Service Rules. The eligible list generated from this announcement will only be used to fill specialized Program Analyst II positions (Homelessness), including full-time and permanent part-time positions, if applicable, and may be used to fill future vacancies with the same Selective Certification.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
For General Program Analyst II Positions:
• Writes grant proposals and applications; reviews and evaluates grant documents to ensure compliance with grantor and City standards; administers grant programs; develops and monitors required grant procedures.
• Acts as program leader, including the planning and implementation of programs, preparing budgets, identifying sources of funds, developing and negotiating contracts, resolving problems and communicating with participants.
• Designs, negotiates, and administers contracts with service providers; monitors contracts to ensure compliance; conducts site visits; reviews invoices and recommends payments to contractors and consultants.
• Provides staff assistance to citizen advisory bodies, committees and commissions; facilitates meetings of community organizations, district boards, and neighborhood groups relating to the development and implementation of programs;
• Writes reports, letters, agendas, and minutes; researches, prepares, and analyzes complex reports.
• Makes public presentations relating to assigned programs; prepares written material for public distribution.
• Reviews and prepares City Council agenda materials; prepares staff reports.
For Selectively Certified Positions in Homelessness:
• Leads the design and implementation of emergency crisis response strategies to address
• Supports program implementation including site development, provider selection, budget
development, start-up, and ongoing support
• Leads, develops, maintains collaborative processes with staff from multiple homeless services agencies including city and county partners
• Represents the City of Oakland's Human Services Department division in planning meetings around addressing unsheltered homelessness
• Provides training and technical assistance to providers in best practice service delivery and related data and invoice processes.
• Researches best practices in emergency responses to unsheltered homelessness and develops ways to incorporate this work into Oakland's services.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
Any combination of education and experience that is equivalent to the following minimum qualifications is acceptable.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, social work, behavioral sciences or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of relevant experience in the particular area of program administration.
For this selectively certified vacancy, the following special experience requirements include three years of relevant experience in program administration or service delivery in the areas of homeless prevention, homeless services, or affordable housing.
License or Certificate / Other Requirements: Successful incumbents in this position are expected to operate automotive vehicles in the performance of assigned duties. Due to the nature of the assignment and the hours worked, public transportation may not be a cost-effective or efficient method for traveling to the various locations required. Individuals who are appointed to this position will be required to maintain a valid California Driver's License throughout the tenure of employment OR demonstrate the ability to travel to various locations in a timely manner as required in the performance of duties.
The City of Oakland is currently recruiting to fill one Program Analyst II (Selective Certification in Homelessness) vacancy within the Human Services Department. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone wanting to address…
The City of Oakland is committed to the wellbeing of its employees and offers comprehensive health and wellness services along with an array of other benefits for most positions. Benefits may include:
• CalPERS Medical
• Medical Waiver Plan – Cash-In-Lieu
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Benefits
• Group & Supplemental Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH)
• Pension Benefits
• Deferred Compensation
Information regarding most benefits can be reviewed here: Employee Benefits Information
The City of Oakland is committed to the wellbeing of its employees and offers comprehensive health and wellness services along with an array of other benefits for most positions…
To apply, please go to the City of Oakland's employment site at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oaklandca/jobs/3207784/program-analyst-ii-selective-certification-homelessness?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY.
To apply, please go to the City of Oakland's employment site at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oaklandca/jobs/3207784…