22 Reade Street
The Commission on Human Rights (the Commission) is the agency charged with enforcing the New York City Human Rights Law (NYCHRL) – one of the most expansive civil rights laws in the nation. Through its Law Enforcement Bureau (LEB), the Commission accepts claims filed by the public, and has the power to initiate its own investigations to affirmatively root out discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other violations of the NYCHRL. The Commission’s Community Relations Bureau (CRB) is empowered to take action against prejudice, intolerance, bigotry, discrimination and bias-related violence or harassment through education, trainings, outreach efforts, and other mechanisms aimed at creating partnerships and relationships with stakeholders in the community. Both bureaus collaborate closely to work towards the shared goal of fostering mutual understanding and respect among all New Yorkers and encouraging equality of treatment throughout the City.
The New York City Commission on Human Rights is seeking a Marketing and Creative Service Manager to help execute the agency’s day-to-day and long-term communications and marketing strategy. The manager will be responsible for working with the Deputy Commissioner for Communications and Marketing to ensure the smooth operation of the marketing and creative services of the office including supervising graphic design and digital communications staff, overseeing creative development of ongoing organic and paid media and, coordinating administrative support related to office budget management, contracts, and marketing vendor relations.
The Marketing and Creative Services Manger will report to the Deputy Commissioner for Communications and Marketing and will work closely with the rest of the team and other staff members of the Commission to perform on the planning and implementation of ongoing marketing outreach, social media production and performance, publication production and special public information campaigns.
- Assist Deputy Commissioner for Communications and Marketing in developing, coordinating and tracking proactive ongoing marketing strategies using a variety of tools and methods for agency initiatives and programs.
- Manage year-round the office of Communications and Marketing’s budget, procurement and marketing vendors relations.
- Supervise the office’s digital communications coordinator in day to day social media and website production and maintenance from planning and execution of multimedia content to metrics tracking.
- Supervise the office’s graphic designer in the planning and execution of public education materials, reports, factsheets, flyers and visuals and graphics for a variety of platforms.
- Independently draft, edit and finalize copy for diverse creative platforms including the website, publications and social media and ensure they are readable, relevant, timely and newsworthy.
- Work with digital communications coordinator to maintain a weekly social media content calendar that includes commemoration of holidays relevant holidays, events and storylines to use as news hooks
- Assist in evaluating and identifying emerging social media tools for campaign adoption; managing social media metrics and tracking growth and topic trends.
- As part of a rotating schedule, assist in providing social media coverage at Commission’s ongoing events.
- Create and manage ingoing marketing and social media analytics reports.
- Research innovative methods for marketing and creative services processes.
- Other duties as needed.
- Experience with the development of large marketing, advertising or public education projects.
- Experience managing marketing budgets and familiarity with procurement processes, strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML and web Content Management Systems.
- Experience with multiple social media account managing
- Excellent writing, editing, and communications skill.
- Experience with video production and editing.
- Strong analytical and organization skills and, attention to detail.
- Must be available to occasionally work after hours, if needed.
- Candidate must know how to work well independently and as a team member and be able to handle multiple deadline assignments in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Ability to synthesize complex topics into creative content.
- Passion and commitment to social justice and equity.
- Familiarity with the NYC Human Rights Law.
- Proficiency in languages other than English (esp. Spanish and/or Chinese) desired
City of New York benefits (insurance, vacation days, sick days, etc)
Level of Language Proficiency
Working knowledge of a foreign language desired.
Minimum Education Required