Details: Commensurate with experience
1485 Civic Court
Reports to: Administrative Manager
Department:Finance and Operations Department
Employment Status and Work Schedule:
This is non-exempt, part-time position; 32 hours per week, Monday through Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm. Additional hours or occasional evening or weekend hours may be necessary.
Assistants perform a variety of duties to maintain smooth internal operations while assisting Directors, Managers, and Program Officers on a variety of program and business activities.
The Administrative Assistant plays a critical role in providing overall support to the Administrative Manager and other staff. The role requires a person with great attention to detail, the ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, a helpful disposition, a high degree of professionalism, discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality, and the willingness to learn.
This position is primarily responsible for providing front office reception, supporting the Administrative Manager in general office management, completing projects as assigned, and providing general administrative support to staff as needed.
Standard Functions and Responsibilities:
Front Office Reception/General Support (50%)
· Provide exceptional customer service to and front office reception
· Greet and welcome visitors, manage visitor access to office and conference rooms, and provide general information as needed
· Answer and route incoming telephone calls and assist callers with general questions
· Prepare, format, and send correspondence, including mail merges
· Order office supplies and other supplies as needed; responsible for maintaining supply room
· Obtain bids and quotes for equipment, materials, and supplies as requested
· Coordinate equipment maintenance, service, or repair
· Maintain and update office and computer equipment inventory list
· Perform general clerical duties such as filing, faxing, copying, and mailing materials
· Perform occasional office errands
· Arrange and support conference room use; meeting room preparation; meeting support; food order and delivery, etc. for external groups
· Schedule and coordinate equipment use by staff and others; ensuring equipment is in good working order
Support the Administrative Manager (40%)
· Provide overall administrative support and general office management
· Process and handle confidential information and files with discretion
· Assist with human resource related tasks, including but not limited to, resume review, schedule interviews, communicate with potential candidates, etc.
· Assist with reviewing timesheets for accuracy
· Work on individual projects as assigned
· Handle special requests for information, research, and materials
· Assist in the development and preparation of reports, as needed
Other Responsibilities (10%)
· Provide occasional administrative support to staff, including but not limited to, filing, copying, meeting and training preparation and support, research and purchase program supplies or materials, enter information into database, and other duties as assigned
· Provide administrative support to Directors and Managers in the development of materials and activities focused on carrying out the Commission’s programs
· Participate as a staff team member in other Commission activities and projects as needed
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
· Associate degree, or equivalent, and at least three years of experience in a similar position with progressive responsibility in performing administrative functions and organizing project activities
· Five years of progressive responsibility as an administrative assistant may be substituted for educational requirements
· Strong organization and time management skills, with great attention to detail and excellent follow through
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to manage a busy workload with interruptions and changing priorities; must be flexible and maintain a helpful attitude
· Work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
· Strong verbal and written English communication skills; ability to communicate clearly with courtesy and tact
· Ability to anticipate upcoming needs and potential problems, approach them with a problem-solving mindset, and communicate them to supervisor
· Proven ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team with diverse populations and groups
· Demonstrated ability to contribute toward a positive work environment
· Resourceful and skilled at gathering information
· Excellent computer skills in MS Office and the ability to conduct internet research
· Valid California driver’s license
Preferred, not required:
· Experience working in a social service or non-profit organization or public agency
· Interested in the needs of young children
· Bi-lingual in Spanish
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and expectations required of the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change.
Salary and Benefits:
Starting annual salary range is $41,787 – $50,145 commensurate with experience.
First 5 Contra Costa offers a comprehensive benefits package.
About First 5 Contra Costa:
First 5 Contra Costa helps young children grow up healthy and ready to learn during the most important time in their development. We have nearly 20 years of experience funding innovative programs and advocating for policies that produce better futures for our children. Since our inception, First 5 Contra Costa has invested more than $140 million in Prop. 10 revenues to programs and services that help Contra Costa’s children get the best start in life. Learn more at www.first5coco.org.
First 5 Contra Costa offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and a letter of introduction that summarizes why you are ideally suited to this position.
Electronic submissions should include Administrative Assistant in the subject line and be sent to HR@firstfivecc.org. Or mail to First 5 Contra Costa, Human Resources, 1485 Civic Court, Suite 1200, Concord, CA 94520
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. The position will remain open until filled.
First 5 Contra Costa is an Equal Opportunity Employer