NYC DOE Division of Early Childhood Education - Pre-K Field Operations Consultant
52 Chambers Street
Field Operations Coordinator
The Mayor and the Chancellor are committed to providing high-quality full-day Pre-K for all 4-year-olds and 3-K for All for 3 year olds in New York City. Research demonstrates that quality early childhood education contributes to student achievement and is associated with other long-term benefits. Every student in NYC deserves access to the strong foundation of skills and knowledge that high-quality early education provides.
Within the NYC Department of Education (NYCDOE), the Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE) administers both Pre-K and 3-K programs for NYC students in public elementary schools, NYCDOE Pre-K Centers, and New York City Early Education Centers (NYCEECs). DECE provides families access to high quality early childhood options that prepare their children for academic success and the skills to lead a successful life.
The Field Operations team within the DECE seeks a full-time, short-term consultant who will work in the DECE field offices, assisting with the management and monitoring of contracted NYCEEC Pre-K programs. The consultant will be responsible for program visits, reviewing records, and communicating with and providing technical assistance for programs.
Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered. In your cover letter, please state your preference for working in our Queens office (located at 82-01 Rockaway Blvd) or our Brooklyn/Staten Island office (located at 1780 Ocean Avenue).
- Conduct health and safety compliance site visits of contracted NYCEEC Pre-K programs in a given geographic area (Queens, Brooklyn, and/or Staten Island)
- Review and validate student enrollment records
- Troubleshoot technical systems and program policy questions for NYCEEC program leaders
- Communicate with NYCEECs about key deadlines and requirements
- Assist programs in ensuring readiness for the new school year
- Maintain program staff eligibility tracking systems·
- Special projects as needed
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to explain complex requirements and instructions to program providers
- Ability to learn protocols and procedures quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Word, Access, and Excel
- Strong attention to detail and personal organization skills
- Professional, polished manner
- Strong orientation to public service
- Experience working in education settings, especially early childhood education, preferred
Term of Employment, Reporting Structure, and Pay Rate:
The role is a consultancy lasting approximately through the end of the June 2019 period. The pay rate for this role is $27.50 an hour at 35 hours a week and it is not eligible for benefits except for paid sick days.
Minimum Education Required