Details: salary up to specified amount
The Manager, Digital Analytics is responsible for developing and implementing analytics, measurement and reporting solutions for Empire State Development’s marketing campaigns and programs, including the agency’s iconic “I Love New York” tourism marketing and Business Attraction and Retention campaigns. This strategic thinker will play a key role on the Digital Marketing team, working with senior staff and marketing communications agencies to optimize campaigns and help the Marketing department report on and identify opportunities for success.
- Serve as the agency’s go-to person for digital analytics and build expertise in tools, techniques, etc.
- Liaise with ESD’s marketing communications agency on analytics and digital initiatives.
- Identify, on-board, and manage analytics, user and A/B testing, and surveying vendors, and implement all third party measurement initiatives.
- Strategize with marketing team and agency on establishing and updating digital KPIs.
- Create robust measurement programs to track and deliver monthly, weekly and ad hoc reports against key KPIs.
- Analyze data and provide actionable recommendations for owned, earned and paid digital marketing campaign performance improvement and digital product feature development; work with media buying agency on digital campaign optimizations.
- Develop SEO strategy and work with website leads, IT and outside vendors to implement tags and analyze ESD’s search engine placement to identify opportunities to improve ranking for key search terms.
- Actively monitor search trends to advise editorial and social media teams on content creation opportunities.
- Work with business teams to help develop a CRM strategy to better track online and offline leads for business attraction and tourism and connect that to a comprehensive communications strategy. Interface with business teams to facilitate collection of leads data.
- Identify audience acquisition strategies and work with digital marketing and PR teams to implement across social media, digital campaigns and email marketing efforts.
- Conduct competitive intelligence monitoring of other states’ digital efforts.
- Support social media manager on social listening needs/projects.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve digital marketing campaigns based on research and analytics.
- Develop presentations for executive meetings and industry conferences, etc.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in Digital, Marketing, Business, Finance, Statistics or related field required.
Experience required: 4+ years of experience in digital analytics, quantitative analysis, strategic planning, or management consulting preferred. Experience working with CRM systems and direct marketing highly desired along with experience working with vendors in a client capacity. Must be a power user of all things digital and show a demonstrated interest in how people use digital products. Must possess strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Excel, PowerPoint, Facebook Business tools, and the Insights features of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.). Familiarity with Flurry and other mobile app measurement tools preferred. Familiarity with attribution modeling and Arrivalist preferred. Strong knowledge of SEO best practices, Google AdWords, Google Trends, Google Webmaster Tools, and Google tag manager required. Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills and strong English-language oral and written communication skills.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required