Details: salary starting at specified amount
433 River Street
BASIC FUNCTION: Manage the administration of economic development incentives (grants and loans) from point of offer acceptance through funding disbursement for projects undertaken by businesses and organizations such as municipalities, and not-for-profits, and local economic development organizations.
- General management of an extensive portfolio of active grants and loans, including review of applications, management of approval and funding process, compiling and reviewing information, negotiating terms, preparing directors approval documents and contracts, presenting projects, and attending off-site meetings.
- Communicate with applicants and applicant reps, including telephone, email and paper correspondence.
- Monitor, prepare, and analyze Consolidated Funding Applications submitted to the Regional Office.
- Maintain an understanding and participate in the Regional Economic Development Council’s work and project review.
- Ensure that project information is accurate in the web-based Project Tracking System.
- Coordinate with internal contacts (Origination, Finance, Design and Construction, Contractor and Supplier Diversity, Legal) in the preparation of board of directors’ approval materials, contracts, project status reports, and other documents appropriate for the review/management of projects.
- Review requests for disbursement, perform desk audits, work with project attorneys for loan closings, and oversee grant disbursements.
- Assume a variety of Department-wide responsibilities as assigned, such as writing briefing memos, preparing complex spreadsheets, reviewing and improving processes, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing data and budget information.
- Other projects as assigned by Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelors degree in business, liberal arts and sciences; Masters degree preferred in business, public administration, liberal arts, social sciences, urban planning, or similar fields.
Relevant experience required: Minimum 3-5 years’ direct, extensive experience in one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, public administration, related business, not-for-profit area.
Knowledge required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently. Familiarity with business, not-for-profit, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State’s geography and economies. Strong attention to detail and independent follow through are highly important. Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word; Database management.
comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please indicate job title in email subject line and list source of recruitment.