Details: Starting - First Step
2700 East Leland Road
Los Medanos College is seeking energetic and dedicated candidates to apply for the position of Senior Program Coordinator (Transfer Programs & Services) and to join a college committed to academic excellence and diversity, equity and inclusion among its faculty, staff, and students.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Transfer & Career Services is a fast-paced department within Student Services at Los Medanos College. This department oversees career services (including cooperative work experience), 4-year university transfer programs and assistance, a robust learning community (Transfer Academy), and on-campus student employment.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Transfer & Career Services manager, and working closely with a team of counselors, coordinators, and student ambassadors, this position coordinates transfer programs and activities for LMC students.
Key responsibilities include organizing and marketing annual programs (such as university tours, college fairs, workshops, and events), working with Student Services departments and 4-year college representatives to provide transfer support, and providing face-to-face transfer information/resources/services to students, staff, faculty, and external constituents.
The position also co-leads a learning community of approximately 300 students (the Transfer Academy) focused on transfer success by planning program activities, tracking student engagement, leading recruitment and intervention efforts, and serving as the primary point of contact for program communications and interaction.
- Experience and Training: Four (4) years of experience performing responsible student services duties in a related college program.
- Education/License or Certificate: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience working with transfer programs, services, and processes in California community colleges and/or four-year universities.
- Experience working within Student Services/Affairs in an educational setting, or other organization dedicated to college success and achievement in higher education.
- Experience planning and organizing events such as large fairs and workshops.
- Ability to develop marketing materials and approaches including print, webpage, and social media.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to work one-on-one with students as well as address and facilitate large interactive group sessions.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work with faculty and staff, or other collaborative teams, to coordinate and plan the delivery of innovative programs and services.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering student equity and inclusion, and ability to communicate and work effectively with students, faculty, staff, and community members of diverse backgrounds, cultures, languages, and abilities.
* This is a condensed posting. To view the full job description with all qualifications, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/5310
Insurance: The District offers health, vision, dental and life insurance for monthly classified employees and managers/supervisors and their eligible dependents. Monthly classified employees and managers/supervisors covered by another health medical plan may waive District coverage and receive a monthly cash stipend.
Retirement: Most employees are members of the PERS (Public Employees Retirement System). Faculty employees and Academic Managers are members of the STRS (State Teachers Retirement System). Police Service employers are members of Safety Public Employees Retirement System.
Deferred Compensation: The District offers two optional deferred compensation plans. Eligible employees have a choice of the 457, 403b plans and a selection of savings and investment options.
Leave Allowance: The District offers monthly eligible classified employees and managers/supervisors a generous vacation and sick leave benefits as well as 20 paid holidays annually (which can vary based on length of winter break).
Additional Benefits: The District also offers monthly eligible classified employees and managers/supervisors educational reimbursements, employee assistance programs, a travel assistance plan, longevity compensation, retiree benefits, employee discounts on health memberships and a comprehensive wellness program.
For further information regarding benefits eligibility and details please refer to the following documents available on the 4CD website:
Classified Employees Local 1 Contract (Article 20-Benefits): http://www.4cd.edu/hr/LocalOneContract/L-1%20Contract%20Extended%202010-2013.pdf
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Deadline to apply is August 6, 2018.