Democratic Congressmember is currently seeking a Staff Assistant to serve at Member’s NYC office. This position is entry level, prior work experience in a government office is not required. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing general administrative duties, including answering phones and entering data;
- Meeting with constituents and working with them to resolve their issues;
- Responding to casework inquiries in writing and verbally;
- Acting as a liaison to local, state, and/or federal agencies on behalf of constituents and the Member;
- Handling casework assignments as assigned by supervisor; and,
- Staffing or representing the Member at events and meetings.
Ideal candidates will have some previous office experience, be proactive, comfortable in fast-paced environments, able to multi-task, highly organized, and possess excellent communication and problem solving skills. Fluency in Mandarin Chinese is strongly preferred. Applicants must have a college degree and be available to work flexible hours.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to NYCStaffVacancy@mail.house.gov.
Minimum Education Required