322 8th Avenue
New York State Senator Brad Hoylman (D/WF) has an immediate opening for a Legislative Aide and Community Liaison based in his Manhattan District Office. Strong writing skills, interpersonal/communications skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment (plus a sense of humor) are a must. Strong New York City ties and additional language proficiency is appreciated but not required.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Draft and review written materials including policy memos, local community reports, official testimony, correspondence with government agencies and constituents, and materials distributed internally to staff
- Conduct research and compile information on legislative and community issues
- Remain current on the Senator’s legislative and policy agenda, and serve as a resource regarding those issues for the local community and colleagues
- Serve as a liaison to community groups and constituents in the Senator’s district and advise the Senator on responses to local issues
- Attend Community Board and other district meetings, hearings, press conferences, public forum discussions, etc., and serve as the Senator’s representative at such events
- Write talking points, remarks, and briefings for the Senator
- Identify specific community needs and organize related public events for the Senator
Benefits provided by NY State Senate including health, vacation time and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Stephanie Bazell at firstname.lastname@example.org.