40 Broad Street
The MSBA’s Feasibility-Schematic Design Team manages MSBA capital pipeline projects from Invitation to Conduct a Feasibility Study through approval of a project grant.
Project Manager 1 (PM) conducts independent technical reviews of components of district submittals and assists in coordinating the feasibility study and design activities of MSBA capital projects through approval of a project scope and budget grant. S/he makes recommendations regarding enforcement of MSBA guidelines, agreements, policies and practices and provides technical support in generating project recommendations for consideration by the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Perform technical reviews of components of feasibility studies, schematic designs, cost estimates and other technical documents for projects as they proceed through study and design with minimal direction.
· Provide support for technical review of plans, specifications, cost estimates, and reports prepared by consultants to verify designer compliance with program criteria, code requirements, and procurement regulations and statutes with minimal direction.
· Ensure contract compliance during feasibility study and schematic design with MSBA procedures and policies, and regulatory requirements.
· Review OPM reports for projects to update the Senior Project Manager, Senior Architect or Director and monitor for changes in scope, schedule and budget of projects.
· Present project status and conformance with project agreements regarding agreed upon scope, schedule, estimated costs and feasibility study budgets.
· Input project-specific data for all assigned projects into the Project Management IT System as part of the regular monitoring of projects.
· Review reimbursement applications for projects through schematic design and assist in analysis and compilation of project documentation to support grant recommendations.
· Analyze and recommend eligibility of project costs for reimbursement.
· Assist in specific initiatives assigned by a Senior Project Manager, Senior Architect or Director that improve MSBA processes and initiatives to support the overall needs of the Capital Planning department.
· Maintain concentration in specific area of MSBA process.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· May participate in the preparation and coordination required for MSBA subcommittee and Board of Director Meetings.
· May help create and deliver MSBA training and public outreach presentations and/or publications.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (unless otherwise noted)
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field
· Two to five years of architectural design or applicable experience. Experience with public construction or educational facilities preferred.
· Knowledge of the design process from concept feasibility studies, design, and development of construction documents.
· Knowledge of Massachusetts public bidding laws preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, involving complex and varying problems.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to gather, analyze, and present complex technical information in a clear, concise, and understandable manner.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability and willingness to travel occasionally to project sites.
· Experience working with federal, state, county, or local government preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply