Service Year Professional Development Manager Job ID: 21796
NYC Service promotes volunteerism, engages New Yorkers in Service, builds volunteer capacity and mobilizes the power of volunteers and service year members to impact New York City’s greatest needs. NYC Service’s vision is to inspire and empower all New Yorkers to volunteer and serve New York City and each other.
The Service Year Professional Development Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of professional development for all of the AmeriCorps programs administered by NYC Service, including NYC Civic Corps, NYC VISTA, City Service Corps and any future new programs. The Service Year Professional Development Manager develops, leads, and supports the member and supervisor training experience, develops and prepares member and supervisor evaluations, and engages in direct career coaching of selected members throughout the service year. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develops the overall goals and strategy for professional development for all AmeriCorps programs at NYC Service and sets ways to measure progress on the goals and strategy
• Oversees the member and host site supervisor orientation, member monthly training, and supervisor bi-monthly training of Civic Corps with 100 Civic Corps members and 50 Host Sites
• Oversees the member and host site supervisor orientation, member monthly training (with support from the NYC VISTA Leaders) and supervisor bi-monthly training of NYC VISTA, with 41 VISTA members and 8 Host Sites
• Oversees the member and host site supervisor orientation, member monthly training and supervisor bi-monthly training of City Service Corps program with 160 City Service Corps members and a minimum of 20 Host Sites
• Support the training efforts of other NYC Service AmeriCorps programs (including Peer Corps) which may do their own training elements
• Oversees the Learning Circle program (after hours professional development trainings for members) which occur at least monthly between October and June
• Provide one-on-one career coaching for members throughout the service year
• Develop and manage the professional development budgets for each program including preparing payment authorization forms and reports on spending
• Write the professional development overview section for all private and federal grants and contribute stories to quarterly program newsletters
• Collect data throughout the year on effectiveness of training and present quarterly on learnings found
• Support the National Service Support Center on professional development programming or events (including the national service career fair)
• Lead the development of member and host site pre- and post-service surveys as well as monthly reports submitted by sites and members and prepare analysis and narrative overview of results for office leadership
• Attend select host site and member visits to learn about professional development Advance NYC Service mission, values, and goals:
• Represent NYC Service at select events and support NYC Service all-staff events, as needed
• Be available on select weekends and on select evenings, as needed
• Support City initiatives as needed, including but not limited to possible emergency response (e.g. evacuation shelters, etc.)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
• Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate and/or Master’s degree and at least 3-4 years of experience in community work or community-centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; this includes experience with training, human resources, project management, curriculum design, and/or coaching.
• Excellent leadership, management, time-management, multi-tasking, organizational, communication, research, analytical, writing, proofreading, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take initiative, prioritize duties, work independently and within a team environment, pay close attention to detail, achieve excellence, meet deadlines, do appropriate follow-up, work well under pressure and maintain an enthusiastic work ethic. This includes maintaining a positive and helpful attitude, while embracing each of the team’s contributions. This also includes having a track record and experience in both relationship and project management.
• Previous experience with AmeriCorps/VISTA, desirable.
• Knowledge and skill in program design and relationship management.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to https://a002-oom03.nyc.gov/IRM/EventRegistration/RegForm.aspx?eventGuid=4645fdd8-310d-4db6-884b-e64d4d17fefd&jobid=21796&pos=Service%20Year%20Professional%20Development%20Manager
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment
The Office of the Mayor and the City of New York are equal employment opportunity employers.
Minimum Education Required