Details: salary up to specified amount
Basic Function: Communications strategist and assist in all aspects of the Public Affairs operations downstate.
- Coordinate downstate communications strategy.
- Write and disseminate press releases and media advisories on ESD-related news.
- Write speeches, testimony, talking points, and material for public presentations for staff.
- Serve as agency spokesperson proactively “pitching” stories and responding to media inquiries.
- Organize press conferences and public events on behalf of ESD and the Administration.
- Coordinate with the Governor’s press office.
- Accompany ESD Leadership/Staff on speaking engagements.
- Coordinate crisis management related to breaking news.
- Develop and maintain relationships with city and state media.
- Assist in updating ESD websites.
- Assist in the drafting and dissemination of various internal communications.
- Coordinate press among government agencies, elected officials, and other outside entities.
- Assist in developing community outreach related to ESD projects.
- Coordinate and assist in the media operations for Regional Economic Development Councils.
- Other related assignments or projects as assigned by management.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree with a major or concentration in related subject.
Relevant experience required: 5+ years in public relations or related field. The candidate should exhibit a proven track record of working with media; - New York City and/or State expertise required.
Knowledge required: Strong writing skills; ability to multi-task, ability to work well with colleagues; understanding of basic economic, business and governmental issues; understanding of media dynamic; detail oriented; self-starter; ability to work irregular hours.
Comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume to email address provided, indicating job title and reference # in the subject line
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity*