Division of Administration
Legal Recruitment Unit – New York City or Albany Recruitment Specialist
Reference No. LRU_RS_NYC/ALB_6157
Application Deadline is March 26, 2021
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a talented and motivated Recruitment Specialist (RS) to join its Legal Recruitment team. The Legal Recruitment team specializes in identifying and attracting top talent from across the nation to protect the legal rights of all New Yorkers. In addition to recruiting outstanding attorneys and other legal professionals, the Legal Recruitment team facilitates student (law, graduate and undergraduate) hiring during the academic year and summer; represents the OAG at external networking and career development events; maintains the OAG’s talent pipeline and proprietary Applicant Tracking System (ATS); and serves as the point of contact for jobseekers and current applicants. The RS position may be filled in the OAG’s offices in Lower Manhattan or Albany, and will report to the Director of Legal Recruitment.
Responsibilities of the RS will include but not be limited to the following:
- Coordinating all aspects of the summer and academic year student programs including developing hiring plans and budgets; facilitating and tracking student recruitment/hiring among the bureaus and regional offices statewide; reviewing student hiring packets and funding agreements; managing student onboarding and orientation logistics; and organizing and executing student networking and enrichment programs.
- Supporting the development and implementation of recruitment and hiring practices that will continue to eliminate implicit bias and foster diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Generating metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing sourcing and talent generation activities.
- Preparing a range of written documents including hire approval notices, offer letters, student handbooks, instructional and process documents, website and LinkedIn content, student experience surveys, and various correspondence to both internal and external customers.
- Providing trainings to internal customers on the OAG’s ATS and exempt hiring procedures.
- Attending and representing the OAG at recruitment events as needed.
- Assisting with the recruitment, training and supervision of Legal Recruitment’s student assistants.
- A Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of progressive work experience in a talent acquisition or human resources setting is required.
- The ideal candidate will have one to two (1-2) years of recruiting experience in a law firm, talent acquisition firm, or human resources setting; knowledge of legal recruitment market practices is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Customer-focused with strong interpersonal skills, must interact effectively with jobseekers and OAG staff at all
- Assisting the Director of Legal Recruitment with managing the candidate life cycle for attorney recruitment, including but not limited to data entry and maintenance of the ATS; drafting job descriptions; developing sourcing strategies; tracking recruitment requests and approvals; and preparing the final candidate dossier for approval.
- Creatively seeking ways to identify and engage talent for current hiring needs and strategizing methods to create a talent pipeline for future recruitment levels.
- Adaptable, collaborative and proactive with the ability to self-manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency using MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and Word) is required.
- Experience using LinkedIn, Canva, Survey Monkey, Adobe Creative and ATS platforms such as LawCruit is a plus.
- Availability to work at recruitment events, when needed, outside of usual business hours; telecommuting options are available for this position, and some travel may be required within New York State. (Please be
- advised that recruitment events are being conducted virtually due to the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- The salary range for this position is $57,880-$71,823. The final salary will be determined after a complete evaluation of the selected candidate’s credentials. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our careers website: https://ag.ny.gov/job-postings. To ensure consideration, applications must be received by close of business on March 26, 2021.
- Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- − You may address to the Director of Legal Recruitment
- − Please indicate your location preference either New York City or Albany
- • Resume
- • Transcript
- List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses
- Writing Sample
- Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
- If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
- For more information about the OAG, please visit our website:ag.ny.gov