District of Columbia
The Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission (MACPAC) is a congressional advisory commission that produces original, non-partisan research and makes policy recommendations on Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to Congress, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the states.
MACPAC currently has an opening for a communications specialist who can support our public relations and editorial work with a combination of superior writing skills and the ability to convert health care data into visual displays. The communications specialist works directly with the director of communications to help edit, publish, distribute, and publicize reports to Congress, data books, and a variety of other materials that MACPAC produces throughout the year. The specialist’s responsibilities also include posting and promoting new MACPAC materials on our website and Twitter, managing MACPAC’s audience database, and monitoring MACPAC’s web metrics and Twitter account.
MACPAC is an equal opportunity employer and offers full federal health and retirement benefits. If you have a degree in communications or a related field and experience working with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator software; if you are looking to refine your communications skills in a fast-paced, high-profile environment; and if you want to be part of a team working on the front lines of health policy, please apply to the MACPAC website and include samples of your work.
· Help publish, proof, distribute, and promote reports to Congress, data books, and a variety of other materials that MACPAC produces throughout the year;
· Create data graphics, including tables, figures, charts, and other visual displays;
· Post and promote new materials on the MACPAC website, and keep the site up to date;
· Help build MACPAC’s Twitter presence and use audience metrics to improve the overall reach of MACPAC’s work;
· Manage MACPAC’s audience database; and
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
· Experience working with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator software programs;
· Experience with Constant Contact or similar customer relations management program;
· Experience with WordPress content management or similar system;
· Ability to convert data to graphic images;
· Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy;
· Strong writing, proofreading, and organizational skills; and
· The capability to work collaboratively and on multiple projects at the same time.
MACPAC employees are treated as United States Senate employees for purposes of pay, benefits, rights, and privileges.
Level of Language Proficiency
Experience and Education
· Degree in communications or related field, and
· At least two years of relevant work experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit an application cover letter with e-mail or phone contact information, your resume, at least two writing samples, and examples of your work in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator to https://www.macpac.gov/employment-opportunities/ Applications will be held in strict confidence. After submitting your application, you will receive an e-mail confirming that MACPAC has received your application materials. MACPAC will contact you if we decide to schedule an interview or require additional information or references.
MACPAC is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age.