322 8th Avenue
New York State Senator Brad Hoylman (D, WF - 27th District, Manhattan) has an opening for a Community Liaison, based in the District Office.
A strong interest in government service, the ability to balance multiple priorities as well as to work both independently and as part of a fast-moving team is required. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, organized, a strong writer with a background in constituent services, organizing, campaigns or other government positions and possess a high energy and positive attitude. A sense of humor is a must!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as a liaison to community groups and constituents in the Senator’s district and advise the Senator on responses to local issues.
- Assist with direct constituent services, including in-person and phone intake as well as identifying solutions and coordinating with government agencies, social service organizations, legal services etc.
- Work with community groups, external partners and staff to proactively identify community issues and develop strategies to address those concerns.
- Organize public events and internal meetings with stakeholders to respond to and engage with constituents and the community.
- Draft and review written materials including local community reports, official testimony, correspondence with government agencies and constituents, policy memos, and materials distributed internally to staff.
- Attend and serve as the Senator’s representative at Community Board and other district meetings, hearings, press conferences and public forums.
- Conduct research and compile information on community and legislative issues.
- Write talking points, remarks, and briefings for the Senator in coordination with the communications officer and the policy director.
- Remain current on the Senator’s legislative and policy agenda, and serve as a resource regarding those issues for the local community and colleagues.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Ilana Maier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYS Senator Hoylman is an equal opportunity employer and seeks a diverse candidate pool. People of color, women, and LGBTQ people are very strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required