The Partners for Innovation, Ventures, Outreach & Technology (PIVOT Center) leads the University of Utah’s centralized and integrated strategy and operation for technology commercialization, corporate engagement and economic development. In doing so, the Center serves as a hub for the U to foster partnerships between industry, university and government entities. The Center formalizes the U’s commitment to broaden its impact on Utah’s economy by enhancing local and global collaborations to catalyze innovation.
PIVOT Center is looking for a highly motivated person to provide project coordination, management, and planning support for several programs as well as data analysis and related administrative functions. This individual will be responsible for convening and managing the activities of working groups, preparing and providing materials, and developing data from program activities for use by stakeholder communities.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN25168B - 00642 - PIVOT Center
COMPENSATION: $31,600 to $58,400/year
WORK SCHEDULE: Full Time
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Manager will work under the direction of the Chief Innovation and Economic Engagement Officer to support the needs of the programs and ensure that requirements are met in a timely manner. Specifically, the key duties of the Program Manager include:
• Work closely with stakeholders to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, and timing for new initiatives.
• Develop and manage goals for program(s) and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
• Support programs with strong attention to strategy and implementation.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and meet deadlines.
• Analyze, evaluate, and produce independent analysis for management and stakeholders
• Write clear, program content that demonstrate an understanding of each program and its objectives
• Analyze data and develop presentations with findings
• Coordinate high level engagements, develop agendas and presentation material
• Serves as department representative in addressing issues and questions related to the programs, which may include representing the department on various committees
• Manages scheduling of meetings, events and travel as well as calendar management for one or more senior leaders within a department.
• Communicates successfully with stakeholders to ensure productive meetings and balance of events and meetings.
• Forecasts, prepares or directs the preparation of the program budget and monitors expenditures.
• Stays abreast of current issues, relevant programs or other related changes impacting the program and makes recommendations for improvement and compliance.
• May develop systems and maintain records to support and advance the program.
• Manages and schedules appointments for our Chief Innovation and Economic Engagement Officer.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two years of related experience or equivalency. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills also required.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Small business work experience
• Entrepreneurial background
• 2-3 years project management experience
• Business data analytics experience
• Experience with generating reports in SalesForce
TO APPLY, VISIT: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/111112
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The Partners for Innovation, Ventures, Outreach & Technology (PIVOT Center) leads the University of Utah’s centralized and integrated strategy and operation for technology commercialization, corporate engagement and economic…