Details: salary up to specified amount
95 Perry Street
Manage the administration of economic development incentives (grants and loans) from point of offer acceptance through funding disbursement for projects undertaken by businesses and organizations such as municipalities, and not-for-profits, and local economic development organizations.
- General management of a portfolio of 80-100 active grants and loans; including review of applications, management of approval and funding process, compiling and reviewing information, negotiating terms, preparing directors approval documents and contracts including descriptive narratives, project presentations, and attendance of on-and off-site meetings.
- Communicate with applicants and applicant reps, including telephone, email and paper correspondence.
- Ensure that project information is accurate in the web-based Project Tracking System.
- Coordinate with internal contacts (Origination, Finance, Design & Construction, Contractor and Supplier Diversity, Legal) in preparation of board of directors’ approval materials, contracts, project status reports, and other documents appropriate for the review/management of projects
- Review requests for grants/loan disbursement including extensive desk audits of project costs, testing for eligibility and completeness.
- Assume a variety of Department-wide responsibilities as assigned, such as writing briefing memos, preparing complex spreadsheets, reviewing and improving processes, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, and managing data and budget information.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in business, liberal arts and sciences; Master’s degree preferred in business, public administration, liberal arts, social sciences, urban planning, or similar fields.
Relevant experience required: Minimum 3-5 years direct, extensive experience in one or more of the following fields: economic development, government, planning, public administration, or related business or not-for-profit area.
Knowledge required: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong auditing, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, take initiative, and work independently. Familiarity with business, not-for-profit, and governmental agencies and general knowledge of New York State’s geography and economies. Strong attention to detail and independent follow through are highly important. Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word; Database management
Enhanced comprehensive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please announce job title in subject line of email and list source of recruitment.