AmeriCorps VISTA Position with OH Behavioral Health Authority- Opioid Addiction Taskforce
- Job posted by AmeriCorps VISTA
Details: AmeriCorps VISTA Living Allowance
175 South Third Street
The Ohio Association of Behavioral Health Authorities is sponsoring a statewide AmeriCorps VISTA project to help state, county, and local partners across Ohio combat the opioid epidemic. We are seeking members who are interested in developing solutions to this epidemic through partnership development, research, grant-writing, and organizational capacity building. Specific responsibilities vary by position. In addition to a living allowance, an AmeriCorps Segal Education Award (valued at $5,920), relocation allowance, and many other benefits, you will participate in statewide conferences and training opportunities. This will be an outstanding opportunity to connect with local and statewide organizations doing cutting edge work to address one of Ohio’s leading health crises, the opioid epidemic.
Members serving with sites associated with this project will participate in a variety of state and local activities designed to impact the opioid epidemic in Ohio, including: developing community outreach opportunities; researching and writing educational materials related to opioid addiction, promising prevention approaches, treatment, and recovery supports; building partnerships with organizations working to address the opiate epidemic; and conducting philanthropic research on potential supporters for community organizations working to address the opioid epidemic.
The Ohio Association of County Behavioral Health Authorities (OACBHA) is the statewide organization that represents the interests of Ohio’s county Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Boards at the state level. OACBHA works to provide education, develop policies, and seek support for initiatives that will expand and enhance mental health and substance abuse prevention, treatment, and recovery support services throughout Ohio.
Benefits of AmeriCorps VISTA Service
- Living Allowance: Receive a modest bi-weekly living allowance to cover basic expenses.
- Valuable training and networking experience: free attendance at multiple statewide opiate conferences and trainings.
- Relocation Allowance: If you move 50+ miles from your home to a new community, you receive relocation travel assistance and a settling-in allowance.
- Healthcare Benefit: Choose between reimbursement for healthcare or a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are also included.
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE): NCE is a unique hiring path which makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you.
- Child Care: You may be eligible to receive a child care benefit if you have children under the age of 13.
And many more benefits! View the full listing of AmeriCorps VISTA benefits here.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Multiple positions available across the state of OH. Applicants must fill out an application on my.americorps.gov and apply to each open position of interest. Application links and descriptions of each open position are located on the following site: https://www.oacbha.org/oacbha_vista_project.php
Questions about the position? Contact Liz Henrich at: email@example.com