Leadership Annual Giving Officer
Isenberg School of Management
University of Massachusetts Amherst
The Isenberg School of Management is experiencing a monumental shift. Over the last five years, we've recalibrated our priorities, focusing on generating robust research, attracting top-tier students, and becoming one of the leading business schools in the nation.
In this role, the Leadership Annual Giving Officer (LAGO) will support and grow our annual giving program. In close partnership with the Isenberg Associate Director of Annual Giving, you play a key role in planning and implementing the School’s annual giving program. You collaborate with the School’s dean and major gift officers to build opportunities for increased philanthropic support from all Isenberg constituents.
This position reports to the Isenberg Executive Director of Development and engages with our alumni every single day to uncover and understand their philanthropic objectives. Our most effective development officers know how to stay on top of the details, but also excel at communicating a vision beyond them. Are you serious about building a fundraising career? This position offers opportunities for career growth and mentoring in major gift fundraising.
What you'll be doing:
· Qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding leadership annual gifts of $1,000 - $25,000 and above among the Isenberg School’s internal and external constituencies for the purpose of student scholarships as well as general purpose, unrestricted gifts.
· Designing and implementing successful strategies for leadership annual gift solicitations. How do we retain current and re-engage lost donors? Grow giving levels of current donors? Increase unrestricted giving to the School?
· Forming collaborative and productive partnerships with Isenberg major and principal gift officers, staff and faculty and other members of the UMass Amherst community.
· Developing and preparing briefing materials and assisting in writing and editing reports, gift agreements and donor proposals.
We'd love to hear from you if:
· You know how to tell a visionary story - you can capture the unique vision of what the Isenberg School does and inspire alumni with a sense of what’s possible.
· You possess exceptional people skills with the ability to be insightful, responsive, creative and engaging.
· You understand what it means to compete as part of a team.
· You are results-minded and see how to capitalize on the diverse strengths of people around you to succeed.
· You are available to travel on a frequent basis and are willing to work evenings and weekends when needed.
· We would be especially excited if you have worked with prospect management systems and have knowledge of database fundraising software CS Advance. If you have any prior experience in web fundraising, don’t forget to mention it.
If this is you, please submit your resume and letter of interest here. We will be reviewing applications immediately and will accept applications until the position is filled.
The UMass Amherst Foundation is a growing organization that looks for team members to grow with it. We offer a generous benefits package, a diverse and inclusive culture, and a commitment to career development.
UMass Amherst has a rich history in support of social justice and in efforts to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion on our campus. The University of Massachusetts Amherst Foundation is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Minimum Education Required