The Events & Advance Manager is an employee of the Executive Chamber and responsible for site logistics and production. This position reports to the Assistant Secretary of Governor Operations.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Coordinate and implement logistics and strategic planning for events, press conferences, and issue-based summits and conferences.
- Perform advance site visits to scout potential locations for upcoming events.
- Provide briefings in real time on details of upcoming events and status of event implementation. Briefings include individual background research, and coordination with scheduling, press, speechwriting, intergovernmental, and policy teams.
- Staff the Governor at public events and meetings.
- Properly execute planned events while providing up-to-the-minute status updates to relevant staff.
- Teamwork: Interacts with people effectively. Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals
- Communicating: The ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders and ensures all involved are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
- Thoroughness: Sets and maintains high performance standards. Pays close attention to detail, accuracy and completeness
- Adaptability: Adapts to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 plus years of relevant work experience in campaigns or events in government
- New York State experience preferred
- Drivers’ License
- Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours