Finance Budget Coordinator
Job ID: 19135
Location: CUNY School of Medicine
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM) at The City College of New York (CCNY), is the only medical school in the City University of New York system. Our innovative curriculum allows students to complete both their undergraduate Bachelor of Science (BS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD) degrees in seven years. CSOM will graduate its first MD class in 2020. CSOM also has a Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies (PA). Our mission is to provide access to medical education to talented youth from social, ethnic and racial backgrounds historically underrepresented in medicine and to develop health professionals committed to practicing in under-served communities with a special emphasis on primary care. As a growing school, our philanthropic areas of growth will be in student scholarships and support to our educational and research missions.
Reporting to the Budget Manager at the CUNY School of Medicine, the Finance Budget Coordinator will, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, perform tasks including, but not limited to:
• Assist in the planning, development, and management of the CUNY School of Medicine budget, budget processes and financial planning activities
• Assist with the preparation of data needed for budget analysis
• Perform financial and budget reporting and compliance activities, including preparation of financial plans, analysis to support decision making, and formulation of funding determinations
• Assist in analyzing financial information and reconciliations to support decisions regarding resource allocations and operational planning
• Assist in the implementation of cost control procedures and make recommendations for reallocating funds, as needed.
• Assist with the performing of month-end, quarterly, mid-year and year-end closings, and the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules
• Prepare and upload files into CUNY first for tax-levy contracts
• Maintain and record spreadsheets pertaining to non-tax levy and tax levy accounts
• Assist with annual audits
• Act as liaison between departments and vendors
Bachelor's Degree required.
• CUNY experience preferred.
• Higher Education experience.
• Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Working knowledge of CUNYFirst (Oracle PeopleSoft), QuickBooks, Financial Edge or other accounting software, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel (including pivot tables and VLookups), Knowledge of Statewide Financial Systems (SFS).
The preferred candidate will have financial skills, including an understanding of analytical concepts and understanding of a wide range of budgeting techniques and tools. The candidate should also have the ability to work closely with College and University program and finance directors, and other College stakeholders.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
• Administers program and unit budgets and related functions.
• Processes and maintains data in budget systems
• Prepares budgets, projections and financial reports
• Collects and reports fiscal information as required, and assists in analyzing financial information
• Coordinates with various departments on budget and accounting matters
• Monitors systems and operational issues to improve overall workflows
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Select "Apply Now"
Log in or create a new user account
Apply for the position
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter
August 24, 2018
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Minimum Education Required