Details: Annually + Excellent Benefits
795 Massachusetts Avenue
The Cambridge Community Schools are seeking a dynamic leader that is organized, talented in curriculum delivery, and has strong, effective communication skills. The Community School Director will be responsible for the supervision of the Program Director, Instructors and Program participants. He/She will specifically:
- Work collaboratively with the inclusion initiative in the development, implementation and management of an inclusionary out of school time program for children in the Morse community neighborhood.
- Ensure programs meet standards of high quality youth programs
- Develop and implement programs for adults, families and seniors.
- Recruit, hire, supervise and evaluate afterschool Instructors/Specialists and summer program staff.
- Manage and oversee a full day Summer Camp Program.
- Develop and implement a summer Arts in the Park Program in the Morse community.
- Publicize daily programs/activities using all available means.
- Recruit and supervise participants enrolled in program/activities.
- Evaluate programs and maintain all records necessary to assess program quality.
- Work collaboratively with the Agenda for Children Integrated Self-Assessment Initiative to develop best practices and improve program quality.
- Provide regular fiscal reports to Program Manager and fiscal offices of DHSP.
- Manage facilities used for all programs/activities including responsibility for building supervision and security.
- Develop outreach and maintain close communication and collaboration with school staff, neighborhood organizations and service providers to ensure access to programs for children.
- Develop and work with residents of the Morse community to actively promote the involvement of community residents in planning programs and activities for children, seniors and adults.
- Participate in Director’s meetings, program development meetings and division meetings.
- Participate in ongoing professional development training to enhance program practices and quality.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. Minimum of three years experience developing and implementing programs for children, adults, seniors and families in a community-based setting and supervising staff. Experience in inclusionary programming for children with special needs is strongly desired. Excellent organizational and administrative skills required. Successful experience generating revenue, a strong financial management background as well as excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: email@example.com or to Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resumes and letters of interest requested by 11/12/18. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.