Prospect Research & Advancement Services Manager, University Advancement
- Job posted by California State University San Marcos
333 South Twin Oaks Valley Road
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR: Prospect Research & Advancement Services Manager (MPP II), University Advancement
The Prospect Research & Advancement Services Manager reports to the Associate Vice President for Resources, Planning and Advancement Services and is responsible for supporting the University Advancement division comprising of Development, Alumni Engagement, and Annual Programs, with all database management and research efforts including prospect and donor research, moves management processes, activity tracking and data reporting needs. This includes ensuring the accuracy, integrity and effective use of all data-related systems, primarily Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge. The Prospect Research & Advancement Services Manager provides overall leadership and direct supervision of gift and pledge processing, and database management. Also responsible for developing and overseeing the long and short-term planning and implementation of strategies for prospect cultivation and solicitation in collaboration with academic leaders and campus development officers. Serve as an internal consultant to Directors of Development providing targeted analytical services that support fundraising strategies and priorities. Evaluate research tools and emerging technologies and keep abreast of trends in the field of prospect research and advancement services.
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY SAN MARCOS: AN OVERVIEW
Come join our campus located in North San Diego County just 10 miles east of the beautiful Pacific coast and less than 40 miles north of downtown San Diego. California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) is a modern, forward-thinking university, fueled by the collective innovation and determination of a transformational team. CSUSM is one of the largest employers in North San Diego County, where people are proud to come to work and be a part of something great. Our unwavering commitment to a “People First” philosophy supports a culture in which every employee is a leader, “empowered to decide, change and shape our future.”
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in related management or research fields, plus five years of progressively responsible work experience in shaping the strategy and direction of a comprehensive fundraising program, preferably within higher education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in related field
- Work experience in an academic setting, ideally Public Higher Education.
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT direct experience
Salary and Position Status:
- Full-time position
- Salary is commensurate with the background and experience of the individual selected.
- Opening Date: October 3, 2018
- This position is open with a first review of applications beginning October 18, 2018. For assurance of full consideration, applications and supporting materials should be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on October 17, 2018.
- This position is subject to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
For position specifications, benefits summary and to apply, please visit our website at http://www.csusm.edu/jobs and under “Staff & Management Opportunities” click on “Job Openings”. Hearing & speech impaired call our TDD at 760-750-3238
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Direct your questions to: Human Resources (760) 750-4418
Minimum Education Required