633 Third Avenue
BASIC FUNCTION: Provide comprehensive administrative support to multiple members of the legal department, who may include general counsel, deputy general counsel, compliance officer, senior counsels, paralegals and the Corporate Secretary.
· General Secretarial Duties:
· Answer multiple telephone lines and communicate messages accurately and consistently
· Copy, scan and fax documents to multiple parties
· Scheduling meetings, including the coordination of participant schedules, reservation of conference room(s), order refreshments & supplies as necessary, room preparation and cleanup
· Review daily mail for distribution to the appropriate staff and/or action
- Word Processing-input and editing; proofreading and redlining legal documents for review as necessary
- Develop and maintain an excel spreadsheet or other mechanism to track corporate compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and other guidance documents
- Draft basic correspondence
- Maintain working and storage files and an up-to-date list all of projects
- Process invoices, prepare expense reports and make travel arrangement as necessary
- Cover Reception Desk on the Executive Floor
- Provide back-up to the Executive Assistant to the General Counsel
- Any other assignment at the request of the attorney, compliance officer, paralegals or Corporate Secretary
Work cooperatively with Corporate Secretary staff as necessary to prepare for board meetings, including scheduling, webcast arrangements, electronic and paper communications with board members and staff, assisting with submission of Public Authorities Control Board submissions, maintaining adequate supplies for and the production of board books
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: High School or Equivalent Diploma; some college and/or secretarial courses
Relevant experience required: 5+ years secretarial experience in a business or legal environment (legal experience preferred)
Knowledge required: Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel; Excellent word processing and general secretarial abilities; Must exercise good judgment, discretion and be able to work well under pressure; Must be able to juggle multiple work assignments and mange calendars for several busy members of the legal department; Effective communication skills – including grammar, spelling and comprehensive legal terminology; Must be well-spoken, with excellent phone skills.
comprehensive benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
The successful candidate will have superior technical skills, including complete fluency in Word and Excel programs, and excellent organizational skills. S/he will be a team player who understands the role of the legal department as problem-solvers for all departments of the Corporation and its sister agency, the Department of Economic Development. S/he will go beyond assigned tasks to seek out ways to be helpful to the staff to whom s/he is assigned and contribute to the efficient running of the legal department in general. S/he will hold information obtained in the course of work for the department in strict confidence and will demonstrate a professional demeanor at all times in dealing with other staff as well as external contacts in person, by phone and by e-mail. S/he will see all assigned work through to completion and hold him/herself to a high standard of performance.
Minimum Education Required