Executive Vice President / Director, Division of Minority and Women’s Business Development (ref. #001)
- Job posted by Empire State Development
Details: salary up to specified amount, commensurate with experience
633 Third Avenue
Develop programs and policies to promote Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) engagement and utilization on NYS procurements. Lead the certification, compliance, and business development activities of the Division. Coordinate with all state agencies on MWBE participation, provide recommendations to the Commissioner of Economic Development and Legislature on matters affecting the MWBE community, and oversee the operations of the Division related to marketing and outreach, certification, agency training and compliance, MWBE training and business development, and reporting.
- Oversee all aspects of MWBE certification, including developing new processes and procedures, streamlining operations, developing partnerships with other jurisdictions, and reporting all activity on a regular basis;
- Develop and implement procedures concerning compliance functions, including development and timely submission of substantive agency goal plans, collection and compilation of agency reports on MWBE utilization for incorporation into statewide report, identification of agencies for compliance auditing and approval of audit methodologies, and promulgation of guidance documents on implementation of MWBE-related laws and policies;
- Oversee business development programming, consisting of various technical and financial assistance initiatives to help MWBEs secure government contracts, access financing, improve operations, and grow their businesses;
- Manage the operations of the Division, regularly improving its efficiency and developing strategies as necessary;
- Participate in working groups, task forces, and forums on MWBE issues, and ensuring the visibility of State MWBE activity throughout the MWBE stakeholder community;
- Ensure all required Division reports are completed in a timely manner and distributed to all relevant stakeholders;
- Respond to inquiries concerns from members of the public, MWBEs, elected officials and NYS agencies;
- Organize public events and training sessions on MWBE issues, and deliver remarks at conferences and other public gatherings;
- Advise the Executive Chamber, Empire State Development, and the Legislature on matters affecting MWBEs and issues of concern to the MWBE community;
- Direct Supervision over AVP Operations, AVP Compliance, AVP Business Development, MWBE Certification Managers, Executive Assistant. Indirect Supervision over All Department Staff;
- Responsible for Project briefing memos, Directors materials, etc. Develop and implement plans to market a full range of ESD services to the business community utilizing the physical and financial services of the corporation;
- Extensive contact with other areas of ESD, Gov.’s Office staff and the external business, banking and real estate development communities;
- Statewide travel is required.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education level required: Graduate degree in government, business, public administration, economics or relevant field
Equivalent Experience required: 10+ years’ relevant experience with community and economic development issues & business finance. 5+ years’ supervisory/management experience
Knowledge Required: Excellent written and oral communications skills
ENHANCE COMPREHENSIVE BENEFIT PACKAGE.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested in this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address below by March 16, 2018. Be sure to indicate the title, location, and reference #001 when applying for this position and specify how you meet the minimum qualifications in your cover letter.
PLEASE INDICATE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER WHEN APPLYING.