DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL BUSINESS ATTRACTION & INVESTMENT
Details: Salaries at the RTPark program are competitive and commensurate with experience. The RTPark provides eligible employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
1131 King St
The Director of Global Business Attraction & Investment (“the Director”) is a critical member of the executive team and is responsible for leading key elements of the UVI Research & Technology Park’s (RTP) business attraction strategy. This individual will serve in a highly dynamic and expanding economic development program whose proactive strategic focus concentrates on recruiting companies in targeted technology and knowledge-intensive sectors (e.g., information technology, health and medicine, renewable energy, marine science and sustainability). This sector-based work will encompass geographic markets in the mainland United States as well as the Caribbean/Latin America, Europe, Asia and Israel. Working collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Manager will execute and manage all business and investment attraction activities as they relate to prospect research, lead generation and follow up, as well as marketing of the economic assets of the U.S. Virgin Islands. This team member shall ensure that the RTP has a rich pipeline of prospective new companies and be responsible for converting a maximum number of these prospects into bona fide clients. The Director shall also ensure that the RTP has in place the requisite systems and tools (i.e., internal databases for tracking and reporting of progress and outcomes) to maintain a professionally-managed economic development program. Recognizing the importance of client retention to the RTP’s revenue model, the Director will also contribute to the conceptualization and implementation of strategies and tactics to retain our client base.
Additionally, as the RTP seeks to fulfill its vision to become a best-in-class economic development organization, the Director may play a substantial role in establishing an acceleration program for existing clients.
We are seeking a candidate with the highest level of integrity, extensive experience working with a diverse array of stakeholders including C-level executives, and a passion for foreign direct investment and international development.
The Director of Global Business Attraction & Investment reports directly to the RTP Executive Director. This position supervises and is responsible for the performance management of business development and administrative employees as well as interns and fellows.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures a robust pipeline of business attraction leads and prospects for the RTP through the conduct of research and proactive strategic marketing activities targeting companies in relevant industries and sectors in the mainland United States and internationally.
- Develops, plans and executes outreach to prospective clients and other key influencers (i.e., attorneys, accountants, corporate site selectors, trade associations); and organizes familiarization tours, issue-related summits, trade missions, out of market visits, and talent recruiting efforts.
- Creates and maintains reporting mechanisms for all activities related to business and investment attraction.
- Attends local, regional, national, and international events to promote the U.S. Virgin Islands, including industry events to connect with prospects and develop leads. D
- Develops and/or oversees the production of marketing and informational materials needed by corporate decision makers that illustrate the advantages and opportunities for technology and knowledge-intensive businesses in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Conducts business intelligence research—including supply chain analysis—and competitive market analyses.
- Participates in all brand development activities supporting the RTP.
- Serves as relationship manager for prospective clients during their application process to the RTP and maintains consistent communication with company representatives throughout the duration of their tenure as RTP clients.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate, up-to-date records on each phase of prospective client engagement from the application process.
- Play a leading role in negotiating terms and conditions for Park Tenant Agreements with clients.
- Must possess a broad understanding of economic development and substantial exposure to one or more of the following: corporate (re)location decision-making; financial feasibility analysis of business expansion projects; provision of legal or regulatory assistance to private enterprises; and consulting to knowledge-intensive businesses.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled at making clear and articulate presentations to private sector representatives.
- Comfort working in fast-paced, dynamic work environments with aggressive deadlines.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and experience working across many different international and cultural divides.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree—or substantial undergraduate education—in economics, management, business administration, finance or a related field of study.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in economic development, international development, law, corporate sales, finance, public administration, or a related field.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Advanced degree in business, public policy, law, public administration, international affairs or economics.
- Experience operating entrepreneurial eco-system programs (inclusive of financial services and business technical assistance); familiarity with impact investing is a plus.
Salary Range: $84,000 - $105,000
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salaries at the RTPark program are competitive and commensurate with experience. The RTPark provides eligible employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required