Teacher Recruitment Communications and Operations Specialists (NYC Dept of Education)
The New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) is currently hiring for several part-time opportunities in the Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality.
- Selection & Enrollment Candidate Support Lead
- ￼Selection Operations Consultant
- ￼Enrollment Consultant
About the NYC Department of Education’s Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality
The NYCDOE’s Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality is responsible for the recruitment of high-quality teachers to meet the diverse staffing needs of the New York City’s public schools, as well as being responsible for initiatives to promote the equitable and quality distribution of teachers across all schools. Research has repeatedly shown that teacher quality is the single most important variable in raising student achievement.
The Selection and Enrollment Team works within the innovative and fast-paced Office of Teacher Recruitment & Quality. This team is responsible for overseeing the annual selection & enrollment of more than 1500 alternatively certified teachers and more than 5000 certified teachers. Through our work, we strive to build a selection model that is rooted in both the current and future needs and realities of children in New York City, and to conduct selection in a way that is accurate, efficient, and engaging for candidates. We also strive to build a smooth, strong, and inspiring enrollment process for candidates who are selected, so they feel ready to lead when they arrive in their classrooms and excited for the challenges and opportunities they will encounter with their students.
HOW TO APPLY
Each position requires candidates to submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume. Please see each job description for specific application instructions for each role.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
$20-22 per hour based on education and experience
25-30 hours/week from September 4, 2018 through June 30, 2019
**Some evening and weekend hours will be required to support offsite selection events
Division of Human Resources, 65 Court Street, Brooklyn 11201
- Please submit an updated resume and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for this role to email@example.com.
- Subject Line: Selection Operations Consultant, Selection and Enrollment Candidate Support Lead, or Enrollment Consultant
- If selected for the position, you must be fingerprinted by the New York City Department of Education at your own expense, and background check must clear before beginning employment. Approximate cost of fingerprinting is $135.