103 Montgomery Street
The Presidio Trust is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to serve as a key member of our Strategy and Communications team at the Presidio of San Francisco – a 1,500 acre national park with a richly layered history; landscapes that includes wildlife, native plants, historic military buildings animated by more than 3,000 residents and 200 companies; and offers visitors some of the most iconic views of the San Francisco Bay. As part of the Presidio Trust, an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio of San Francisco as a park and share this space with the public, the Strategy and Communications Division supports the process of developing, monitoring, and evolving the organizations strategic vision – communicating a broad invitation for the public to discover and enjoy this unique American resource. Learn more at www.presidio.gov.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented marketing planner with experience creating clear processes and producing analytics to support cross-functional teams and initiatives. You have a background in destination or product marketing, strong analytical skills, and you’re metric-oriented and capable of translating marketing and visitor metrics into well-articulated insights to help guide external campaign tactics.
Applications received by August 1, 2018 will receive first consideration. Along with various sample writing assignments we will request from you at key points in the recruitment, we are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of 6th, the second round of interviews beginning the week of August 13th, the third round of interviews the week of August 20th, make a job offer in late August, and set a work start date in September, 2018.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of External Affairs, research and develop external marketing plans to support audience development in the park and promotion of park facilities and Trust business lines inclusive of goals, strategies, tactics, metrics, timelines, and budgets.
- Execute internal and external roll-out of visitor marketing and outreach campaigns, including management of executional plans and deadlines inclusive of social media buying and placement, media partners, tradeshows, events, roadshows, promotions, advertising, etc.
- Translate marketing strategies into tactical work plans and measurable outcomes to achieve specific marketing communications goals.
- Coordinate with marketing leads on the development of specialized project plans and steps to execute plans, including preparing or supporting the preparation of creative briefs; and estimate costs, time schedules, resource allocation, and production schedules.
- Support message development for key campaigns utilizing best practices in audience segmentation, while ensuring communications comply with brand standards and company narratives.
- Track execution and key performance indicators of marketing programs and report to channel and program managers with recommendations for improvement.
- Define and continually improve processes for efficient and effective communications with target audiences.
- Manage sponsorship and membership policies and programs to ensure maximum value is received by the Trust.
- Understand how to translate marketing analytics into action to improve campaign performance and maximize return on investment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or related field AND at least 5 years of project/account management using integrated marketing communications practices (national agency experience preferred).
- Strong working knowledge and expertise of the marketing process, tools, and deliverables including the latest practices in integrated marketing, media, digital, social media, advertising, email marketing, and sponsorship.
- Expertise in marketing analytics and metrics reporting.
- Superior, persuasive, and clear writing skills.
- Superior communications skills including message development, writing, editing, presenting, and relationship management.
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, attend to detail and deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Skill and proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with email marketing, social media, and marketing reporting tools.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio
- Knowledge of Bay Area media; local community and business leaders/influencers; as well as San Francisco neighborhoods and politics is a plus.
- Bi-lingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Spanish highly desirable.
ABOUT THE STRATEGY AND COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
The Strategy and Communications team attracts and welcomes visitors to the Presidio through innovative communications and marketing efforts, facilitates the strategic planning process, crafts the Presidio's narrative, offers an invitation to the public using many tools and channels, and solicits feedback to help the organization continuously improve its offerings to the public. In 2017 Sunset Magazine recognized the Presidio as “the post popular destination in the national parks network.”
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to a standard employment background investigation without a credit report, which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records. An individual’s granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary, however, employment is contingent upon the successful completion of the investigation. The Trust may refuse to hire an individual, rescind an offer of employment, or review and terminate the employment of a current employee who does not successfully complete a background investigation.
The Trust provides the following benefits to eligible employees, and more:
Alternative Work Schedules
Federal Employees Retirement System
Flexible Spending Plan
Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan
Federal Thrift Savings Plan
Vacation (annual leave) Benefits
Vision Care Insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
English - advanced
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package. To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Human Resources, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.