NYC Office of the Mayor
Mayor’s Office o f State Legislative Affair
Job ID: 23015
The Mayor’s Office of State Legislative Affairs is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented professional for the position of Legislative Representative.
The Mayor's Office of State Legislative Affairs serves as the principal liaison between Mayor Bill de Blasio's Administration and the New York State Legislature. State Legislative Affairs works toward the goal of fostering productive relationships between the executive and legislative branches and assists the Mayor's administration in developing and advancing the Administration’s agenda through State law and the State budget.
Legislative Representatives are each assigned a portfolio of City agencies and are responsible for all legislative and budget activity, hearings and member requests related to their specific agencies. The Representative also acts as a liaison between the Mayor’s Office and the agencies that fall within each respective committee. The Representative also facilitates and approves meetings between State elected officials and Agency officials and Commissioners.
Duties of a Legislative Representative include, but are not limited to:
• Tracking legislation introduced by the State Legislature and monitoring its progress as it moves through the legislative process;
• Working with agencies in reviewing and preparing legislation and the State budget;
• Working with agencies in crafting a response to State legislation and budget proposals;
• Preparing written analyses of legislation including but not limited to public memos in support or opposition;
• Facilitating interactions between the State Legislature and the Administration, including responding to requests from members and staff in a timely manner.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree. Graduate degree (JD/MPA/MS) preferred. Demonstrated understanding of and experience with any combination of the following: the State legislative process, public policy analysis, New York City or State agency operations and lobbying. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills along with a strong work-ethic and the ability to work independently are imperative.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and three (3) references to https://a002-oom03.nyc.gov/IRM/EventRegistration/RegForm.aspx?eventGuid=4645fdd8-310d-4db6-884b-e64d4d17fefd&jobid=23015&pos=Legislative%20Representative
New York City Residency Is Required Within 90 Days of Appointment
The City Of New York And The Office Of The Mayor Are Equal Opportunity Employers
Minimum Education Required