Performs complex professional and administrative work in all phases of planning, development, construction and operation of Harris County Precinct One parks and recreational facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and oversees operation of the Parks & Recreation Division.
- Assists in coordinating the construction, maintenance, and repair of Parks & Facilities.
- Supervises the work of assigned staff; provides guidance and training; performs various personnel functions including performance appraisal, counseling, employee selection, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of the Park Division capital improvement budget and annual operating budget.
- Assists in developing goals and objectives and cost allocations.
- Makes recommendations to the General Superintendent and provides data for budget justification.
- Assists in monitoring the Park Division budget.
- Oversees and approves preparation of purchase orders and materials and supply requests.
- Assists in coordinating the planning and implementation of short- and long-range goals for parks and recreational facilities.
- Assists the Parks General Superintendent in the recommendation of acquisition and development of parks and recreation facilities.
- Develops and recommends procedures, guidelines, rules and regulations for the operation of parks and related facilities.
- Performs related work as required.
Harris County offers a competitive benefits program, including comprehensive group health and related benefits plan as well as defined benefit retirement plan.
The following list of benefits is offered only to employees in regular (full-time) positions:
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 days of vacation each year for the first five (5) years of service. Accrual rates increase based on years of service.
- 10 county holidays plus one (1) floating holiday
- Professional development opportunities
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Healthcare Reimbursement Account
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
The following benefits are also available to regular (full-time) employment and may be available to part-time employees:
- Retirement pension (TCDRS)
- Flexible schedules (varies by department)
- Transportation Assistance (Metro Ride Sponsor Program)
In accordance with the Harris County Personnel Regulations, Group Health and related benefits are subject to amendment or discontinuance at any time. Commissioners Court reserves the right to make benefit modifications on the County’s behalf as needed.
For plan details, visit the Harris County benefits website:
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested Candidates are able to view and apply for the position using the link below: