Details: $4,825 - $5,308 DOE
The Habeas Corpus Resource Center (HCRC), located in San Francisco, has an opening for an Administrative Coordinator. Under general supervision, the Administrative Coordinator will coordinate administrative support work and related work as assigned.
The HCRC provides legal representation to death row prisoners and was established as a judicial branch entity to provide direct legal representation to death row inmates in post-conviction proceedings in state and federal courts. In addition, the HCRC acts as a resource center to outside counsel for the defense of capital defendants.
· Monitors travel expense claims, keeps financial records, and reviews financial or statistical information for accuracy and reasonableness;
· Performs administrative support for recruitment, including interview scheduling;
· Receives expert contract requests, processes related paperwork, including updating database, contract forms, correspondence, and routine monitoring;
· Coordinates HCRC administrative processes and program operations including identifying operational problems, considering alternatives, and recommending solutions;
· Reviews data collected for completeness and appropriateness and enters data into a spreadsheet or database; and
· Generates standard and ad hoc reports for use by HCRC attorneys and manager.
PLEASE NOTE: The HCRC is in the process of refining and updating classifications and this position (title and responsibilities) is subject to change.
HCRC Administrative Coordinator I: Equivalent to an associate degree, preferably with major course work in administration or business, and one year of experience performing legal administrative support or two years of performing administrative support work in a non-legal setting.
HCRC Administrative Coordinator II: Equivalent to an associate degree, preferably with major course work in administration or business, and two years of experience performing legal administrative support or two years of performing administrative support work in a non-legal setting.
At both levels, additional directly related experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis; additional directly related college-level education may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
In addition, desirable qualifications include: Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Word, iManage or other document management systems, financial databases, and Excel spreadsheets. Strong communication and organizational skills.
· Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
· 13 paid holidays per calendar year
· Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
· 1 personal holiday per year
· $130 transit pass subsidy per month
· CalPers Retirement Plan
· 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
· Employee Assistance Program
· Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
· FlexElect Program
· Long Term Care Program (employee paid/optional)
· Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
This position requires submission of an official application and response to the supplemental questionnaire. The application and supplemental questionnaire are located at: http://www.hcrc.ca.gov/hiring.php Resumes without the required materials will not be considered. Please refer to HCRC Administrative Coordinator I/II Job Req. 0818 in all communications, including your application. Previous applicants must reapply for further consideration. For earliest consideration, please apply as soon as possible.
Applications will be accepted for as long as the announcement is posted. This position is opened until filled. If you have applied with HCRC previously, you must reapply for consideration.
The HCRC uses an in-depth recruitment process. Every application is reviewed in its entirety. Candidates whose qualifications best meet the needs of HCRC will be contacted to participate in the interview process. All applicants will be notified by mail when the recruitment has been closed. Due to the volume of applications received, we request that applicants refrain from contacting HCRC regarding hiring status and from in-person pick up or delivery of applications. The individuals selected to fill the position will be appointed at a level commensurate with their qualifications.
Please Note: If you are selected for hire, the Judicial Council will require verification of employment eligibility or authorization to legally work in the United States.