Details: salary up to specified amount
633 Third Avenue
Under the general direction of the ESD NYC Regional Director and Deputy Director, originate and manage economic development projects of various types to assist with business retention, growth and start up in the New York City region. Assist in implementing the Regional Economic Development Council initiative statewide plan and Empire State Development (ESD) programs.
- Source and originate grant and loan deals in alignment with the NYC Regional Economic Development Council (NYC REDC) strategic plan and ESD program guidelines.
- Structure and negotiate state discretionary incentives to induce job creation and retention projects involving businesses, real estate developers, non-profits and local governments.
- Build and maintain relationships with governmental and quasi-governmental entities, real estate and business groups, civic and community organizations, cultural and professional organizations, and advocacy groups in the region.
- Perform project review, analysis and evaluation. At the direction of ESD Regional Director, make incentive and funding recommendations to senior management.
- Prepare various administrative documents, including the following: project origination documents; reports; presentations; budget materials; memoranda; and other documents as needed.
- Provide staff support for the NYC REDC, including the following: assist with NYC REDC and related work group meetings; communicate with NYC REDC members’ staff; draft memorandum and other documents for NYC REDC members; assist NYC REDC in developing and implementing its strategic plan and the progress reports.
- Maintain close contact with the local economic development agencies, chambers of commerce, municipalities, local development corporations and other key economic development agents to coordinate with and assist them with client servicing and business outreach efforts. Attend necessary events to represent ESD and New York State.
- Establish and maintain contact with senior managers and executives of target industry companies operating in New York City region to promote ESD economic development agenda.
- Respond to inquiries from small businesses, start-ups and ongoing concerns that come to the regional office for guidance.
- Other special projects as assigned by ESD NYC Regional Director.
EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in business, urban planning, accounting, or other related field.
Relevant experience required: Minimum of 3-5 years in related experience required. Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, writing, and organizational skills, together with exceptional customer service skills. Excellent analytical skills required. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
Knowledge required: Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Enhance comprehensive benefit package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please include job title in subject line and list recruitment source.