Confidential Executive Officer - President Office
Job ID: 18982
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Confidential Executive Officer, reporting directly to the Hunter College President, will play a key role in keeping strategic programs, partnerships, operations, outreach and board related activities on schedule and aligned with the President’s priorities.
The Confidential Executive Officer will oversee projects, ensuring and evaluating their implementation and success; run point on operational issues under tight timelines; as well as, evaluate data, research and prepare program documentation for the President.
Furthermore, the position includes developing, implementing and evaluating methods, policies, procedures and systems to best support to the President; preparation of briefings, presentations, correspondence, speeches, and confidential material under tight timelines; planning and attending key meetings with both internal and external stakeholders.
In addition to the duties in the CUNY Title Overview, responsibilities also include interacting with high- level executives both inside and outside the College, communicating information on behalf of the President, and developing methods to follow up on appropriate items in order to best support to the President.
Bachelor’s degree and eight years’ related experience required. Excellent organizational skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Professionalism while collaborating with varying managerial levels. Ability to execute tasks intentionally in a fast-paced environment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- As a senior staff member serving as a confidential assistant in a Campus or University Executive's office, leads unit initiatives, participates in planning and setting priorities, and drives strategic initiatives to ensure their success.
- Participates in planning and in setting policies with responsibility for preparing aspects of strategic and operational plans
- Participates in developing and executing performance management systems to evaluate progress
- Works with other Campus and University units to oversee complex, high-priority projects, with responsibility for outcomes
- Represents the Executive in Campus or University-wide activities and may act in his/her place as needed
- Independently carries out major responsibilities under the Executive's purview, such as monitoring and evaluating unit activities, financial planning and review, serving as chair of key committees, and communications with senior Campus or University management
- May serve as Chief of Staff of a large Executive Office
- Performs related duties as assigned.
This position is excluded from union representation.
Higher Education Officer
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website ( http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html or www2.cuny.edu/employment ) and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Postings, under Employment Opportunities, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID then click Search. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
CUNY is an EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Minimum Education Required