Forms Administrative Assistant, Access to Justice Division
222 North LaSalle Drive
This position is responsible for coordinating office support activities and providing administrative assistance to the Senior Program Manager, Forms and the Access to Justice Division of the Administrative Office of the Illinois Courts (AOIC). The Access to Justice Division's objective is to improve access to the civil justice system for all court users, particularly to those who are low-income and vulnerable, through creating standardized statewide court forms, improving language access and interpreter services, and developing training materials and educational programs for judges and court personnel, among other priorities. Persons in this position perform a variety of duties.
- Format documents using Microsoft Word Tables.
- Proofread documents for typos, grammar errors, and inconsistent formatting.
- Maintain, update, and organize statewide forms databases.
- Monitor a public-facing email account and prepare responses to members of the public, forward email to the appropriate personnel, and organize messages in a database.
- Schedule, prep, and run conference calls.
- Conduct research at direction of Access to Justice Division staff.
- Provide routine information to callers, visitors, and staff and refer other questions to appropriate personnel in federal, state, or local governmental offices.
- Coordinate office support activities and performs administrative assistance duties.
- Greet and direct visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Receive incoming calls, take messages, and transfer callers to proper personnel.
- Maintains record, reports, and files.
- Open, date, and sort incoming mail.
- Prepare correspondence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An attractive judicial branch benefits package is offered, including pension, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as deferred compensation and generous leave time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals should submit via email - a letter of interest, resume, and completed Judicial Branch Employment Application to: courtemployment@IllinoisCourts.gov. For more information visit: http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/Employment/AOIC/2018/FormsAA.asp