Partnerships for Parks (PfP) is a joint program of NYC Parks and City Parks Foundation (CPF). PfP supports and champions a growing network of leaders caring and advocating for neighborhood parks and green spaces. PfP equips people, organizations, and government with the skills and tools they need to transform these spaces into dynamic community assets.
• Support, organize, and supervise PfP It’s My Park (IMP) volunteer service projects, under the direction of the Volunteer Projects Manager.
• Coordinate logistics for projects, including liaising with Maintenance & Operations and PfP staff to determine appropriate projects for groups, and ensuring supply deliveries and returns, in addition to all necessary permits and approvals.
• Independently lead groups of volunteers of all ages in hands on activities, including clean-ups, horticulture, and painting projects.
• Manage supply inventory for borough volunteer storehouses, including organizing and compiling tool orders.
• Maintain accurate contact and activity logs in Salesforce and respond to reporting requests from other PfP staff.
• Promote and recruit for IMP service projects and complete additional outreach, as needed.
• Support special events, workshops, and other PfP initiatives as needed.
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
1. College degree and related community experience as described above.
2. Excellent project planning, organizational and people skills.
3. Experience working with volunteers, especially in parks or gardens.
4. Computer literacy, especially in Microsoft Office and Google Suite. Experience with databases and online applications. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
5. Ability to work independently and initiate projects.
6. Ability to work with diverse constituencies.
7. Valid New York State driver license and comfortable driving in New York City.
8. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early morning events, evenings, and weekends.
9. Ability to work outdoors in all weather.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidate within 90 days of hire.
Fees: Hired candidates will be subject to a processing fee of $61.00. Hired candidates who are not currently employed by the City will be subject to an $88.25 background check fee.
Partnerships for Parks (PfP) is a joint program of NYC Parks and City Parks Foundation (CPF). PfP supports and champions a growing network of leaders caring and advocating for neighborhood parks and green spaces. PfP equips people…