New York City
Progressive New York City Council Member Jimmy Van Bramer is recruiting applicants for the position of Communications Director. This is an excellent opening for a self-starter with outstanding communication and political skills who is seeking a leadership role in a fast-paced government environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing an aggressive earned media strategy
- Drafting and disseminating engaging press releases, e-newsletters, and other communication materials
- Coordinating press conferences and other events
- Creating flyers and ads for events
- Utilizing social media tools to engage the online community and increase following
- Interacting with local, city-wide and state-wide media
- Attending community events on behalf of the Council Member
- Maintaining an up to date archive of all print and media coverage
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have exceptional writing and analytical skills; excellent judgment; knowledge of and familiarity with media outreach; political sensitivity. The applicant should be highly self-motivated, a focused team player, have strong interpersonal skills, be willing to work long hours and serve in a highly collaborative work environment. Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. College degree is required, previous work experience in journalism is preferred.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Health coverage and excellent benefits package provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, writing sample and resume to email@example.com