Quest Preparatory Academy is a K-8 public charter school in Las Vegas, Nevada. Quest is sponsored by the state of Nevada with a mission to “provide quality instruction and effective tools for learning for students in the Las Vegas Valley.” Founded in 2008, Quest grew rapidly to three campuses serving almost 750 students in grades K-8. In the 2018-19 school year, Quest is undertaking a rapid turnaround to improve outcomes for students and seeks talented educators who are driven to achieve results for students, have a demonstrated urgency to improve student outcomes, and have a “can-do” attitude with a passion and excitement for students.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The K-8 Reading Interventionist is a master teacher of small group intervention instruction. The focus of the interventionist is to implement a student-centered system of intervention that effectively works to close the gaps in English Language Arts. The goal of the interventionist is to support the RTI program and prevent students from being placed in other support services as well as support accelerated learners to ensure they are achieving and learning at the highest levels.
The Reading Interventionist is a student and teacher facing role. The Reading Interventionist works alongside teachers providing resources, instructional supports, and technical assistance so they can best support specific students.
Energetic, enthusiastic for reading, and with deep ELA content knowledge, the ideal candidate will be unequivocally determined to improve student achievement with a proven track record of raising student outcomes.
- Primary job responsibilities include: Provides and delivers focused reading intervention instruction to students in grades PK-8th in small groups and one-on-one settings through push-in and pullout for the purpose of improving student outcomes and achievement;
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of ELA instruction and reading interventions;
- Serves as a content specialist to assist in the development and implementation of ELA instruction;
- Understands and interprets assessment data, both formal and informal, to inform instructional decisions and flexible student grouping;
- Ensures that instructional decisions are based on analysis of student level data;
- Designs effective intervention lessons to deliver to students;
- Frequently monitors progress of students receiving intervention services in order to adjust instructional practice and student grouping;
- Communicates and collaborates with classroom teachers about alignment between classroom instruction and intervention;
- Collaborates with the Principal and Instructional Coaches as required to provide curriculum implementation guidance to teachers;
- Participates as member of the school data team;
- Establishes and maintains good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors;
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality; and,
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- An ideal candidate possesses the following education and experience:Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a focus on English, literacy, or reading instruction. Advanced degree in education preferred;
- Nevada teaching certification in either Elementary, Middle School, or Secondary ELA;
- A minimum of three years of effective ELA instruction in K-12 setting with proven academic outcome results;
- Strong content knowledge in ELA and Common Core ELA standards;
- Demonstrated results in improving student outcomes and achievement in ELA or reading;
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnostics and research related to student learning and pedagogy;
- Extensive knowledge in ELA curriculum and support resources including technology-based activities that assist and facilitate student progress and web-based activities; and,
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, school personnel, and parents; and an ability to work cooperatively with others.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click here to apply to the Reading Interventionist position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Quest is an equal opportunity employer. Quest does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.