NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
This position will function as the finance lead representing the Division of Medical and Professional Affairs. Under the supervision and reporting directly to the Divisional Administrator, the Director of Fiscal Affairs will monitor and improve the accounting, finance and administrative processes for the Division.
Function and Responsibilities:
- Focus on planning, implementing and managing the finance activities including financial reporting, coverage of departments and functions.
- Create and present forecasting models and program projections using various in-house data sources to provide proactive, transparent and in-depth financial analysis with recommendations.
- Direct on-site support to senior leadership and departments with the use of the Peoplesoft Accounting systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Develop and lead the execution and monitoring of the finance initiatives and plans and recommends improvements to enhance efficiency.
- Effectively support all financial administrative duties as required to ensure day-to-day operational activities are efficient and effective.
- Prepares and presents financial reports with narrative for review on a monthly basis for various divisional and system wide initiatives.
- Track, monitor and report divisional expenses and ensure that operational activities are efficient and in-line with budgetary allocations.
- Monitors and reports revenue collections, tracks and submits grant reporting, liaises with various departments to produce reports with written findings and analysis.
- Assists with producing and updating financial procedures and routinely reviews adherence.
- Assists in establishing the divisional budget which is comprised from collaboration with various departments and stakeholders, with ongoing distribution of monthly departmental reports with YTD projections, actuals and variances.
- Maintains the highest professional conduct, confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Other related duties, as required.
1. A master’s degree with a major in accounting, finance or business administration, with emphasis on accounting and financial systems from an accredited college or university; and five (5) years of responsible-level experience in fiscal management or administration with an emphasis in financial systems, management information and controls, of which at least three (3) years shall have been in a responsible supervisory, administrative or management capacity; or
2. A baccalaureate degree with a major in related fields, as indicated in (1) above, from an accredited college or university; and six (6) years of experience as indicated in (1) above, of which at least three (3) years shall have been in a responsible supervisory, administrative or management-level capacity; and
3. Knowledge of total accounting and financial management both in systems theory and practice; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience.
Preference will be given to those with:
- Minimum of five years finance experience preferably in a healthcare environment, with at least years in a supervisory role with similar responsibilities and size of organization.
- Financial management in developing, monitoring and reporting on the financial status of the facility with its various strategic and programmatic initiatives.
- Knowledge and use of Financial Accounting Systems, such as Peoplesoft, and Hyperion.
- Strong financial acumen with budget administration, financial forecasting analysis and reporting.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and customer services skills.
- Intermediate to advance use of MS Office Programs—especially Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to provide leadership and build cohesive teams.
- Supports the culture that embraces diversity, inclusion with all convergent and divergent ideas and prospective to ensure respect and value are considered.
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting or Finance.